Jeff Loomis & Van Williams Leave Nevermore

I actually went to see them a few years ago when they were going around with In Flames, but they didn't play.:cry:

At the last minute Jeff came out and told the venue they couldn't play because Dane was sick. It sounded pretty fishy to me.

I don't know why everybody is just assuming Loomis and Williams are going to suddenly team up into some ultra awesome all star band that slays Nevermore and shits all over Warrel Dane....I don't see it happening. Actually I doubt I'll hear very much from either of them again...call me a pessimist.

I don't know why everybody is just assuming Loomis and Williams are going to suddenly team up into some ultra awesome all star band that slays Nevermore and shits all over Warrel Dane....I don't see it happening. Actually I doubt I'll hear very much from either of them again...call me a pessimist.

Loomis has a contract to record at least 2 more solo albums for Century Media... I think he'll be staying out there & making more music whether it's with a band or not.

I'm also a much bigger Loomis fan than a Nevermore fan. So, this doesn't really bother me at all... I just want to hear more from Loomis.

For all the Loomis fans ....

POLITICS%20OF%20SCHECTASY.jpg

All I'm going to say is that there are a lot of people in this thread who are looking at the publicly visible aspects of Nevermore's world and assuming that Jeff and Van's motivations for leaving can be easily traced back to those various things, but that's a huge twisting of the truth and this situation is not that simple, so try to refrain from too much gratuitous speculation.

Actually its not all that deep, at least not for Jeff. Vans decision to leave was the right one and his was actually for personal reasons. I cant blame Van for leaving the band. He didnt want to but he had no choice.

Jeff on the other hand left for the most selfish of reasons. So when he falls into obscurity, I wont lose any sleep over it.

Actually its not all that deep, at least not for Jeff. Vans decision to leave was the right one and his was actually for personal reasons. I cant blame Van for leaving the band. He didnt want to but he had no choice.

Jeff on the other hand left for the most selfish of reasons. So when he falls into obscurity, I wont lose any sleep over it.

Interesting. How do you know what you know? I'm not being a dick with that question, just genuinely curious, that's all.

Hmm, well this was posted on SS.org (yes I know, "OMG SS.ORG IT SUX BLAH BLAH BLAH", but there's a lot of Nevermore fans that are heavily into the band, and even people there that personally know the band)

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/2446231-post93.html

Is this one of the reasons why they left? I wouldn't be surprised.
If that were true, I wouldn't want to be in a band with a guy with alcohol problems either.
People that binge on a regular basis for a long period of time will almost always show the worst side of their personality when they're drunk.

No its a fair question Harry...

I know and have known a few members of the band for quite a long time (not going to name names) but I am privy to some info within in the band.

Mr. Merrow has no fucking clue what hes talking about. It has nothing to do with "drinking" and if it did Mr. Loomis would be the biggest hypocrite on the planet. He drinks just as much if not more then other band members.

I have nothing against Jeff, hes a nice guy and brilliant guitar player. I just cant believe he would do something like this. Its a HUGE mistake on his part. I mean if he were offered the Megadeth spot or something like that then for sure you do it, but to just up and leave your band for a solo career ..... BAD IDEA.

He lost the vision that was Nevermore after DNB, I am happy hes gone in a some ways. I hope the band returns to its roots and puts out some kick ass prog metal.

Also since I am banned over at SS.org do me a favor and tell Mr. Merrow hes a fucking idiot and to stop spreading bullshit rumors.

I was looking forward to seeing them this summer.......oh well, hopefully they'll get their shit together in time to put on a decent show, but tbh I was mainly looking forward to seeing Loomis play

You may be friends with some Nevermore members and more 'privy' to information than a lot of us, but Aaron is about as close to Loomis as you can get without being in a band with him and the two talk/hangout on a regular basis. Obviously there's going to be two sides of the story being told, and I have a feeling you're hearing the one from Warrel or Jim.

I heavily, heavily doubt that Jeff left for "the most selfish of reasons." Even if he left strictly because he wasn't making enough in the band, as in for money and only money, that's still not very selfish considering the fact that he's got rent and bills to pay, just like the rest of us.

Then again, you think I'm a sellout, so god only knows what labels you'd throw on Loomis.

Well the main one that comes to mind for Jeff, is selfish. There was no reason for him to leave the band.

And no my side did not come for Warrel or Jim.

C'mon Guru, spill the beans :loco: I saw you were tormenting the poor souls on the Neverboard :D

For those talking about the differences between Death and Control Denied... remember, WD was Chuck's first choice to sing in CD but wasn't available so they used Tim Aymar instead.

No its not my place, nor is it Aarons, or Keith Merrows.

The situation is what it is, if and when they decide to speak out they will. All I can tell you is that the shit Keith Merrow is spilling on the SS.org forum is complete and total bullshit.

Well the main one that comes to mind for Jeff, is selfish. There was no reason for him to leave the band.

Without being Jeff, how can you say this? There are any numbers of reasons why he left, and none that I can think of are actually selfish unless it was to leave out of pure spite or something ridiculous like "I want to screw (band members name) over so I'll just leave the band."