Jester comes out of rehab finally.

Aye, I wonder what kind of affect this will all have on In Flames' next studio effort, whether it will be more of a "return to form" as many fans would put it (more melodic, less modern, etc) or if they will tread further down the pathway of experimentation or, furthermore, something completely different than either of those scenearios, haha ... ? I'd be happy with any, I'm sure!

Have you even listened to newer songs? It looks like you have.. But haven't you noticed how melodic they already are? They are very melodic

seriously tho. maybe it WAS his reliance on alcohol that turned his writing into crap :erk:
I mean, just look at the first 3 albums...the compositions on them are fucking beautiful compared to all this new shit.
RIP old In Flames

Yeah so, Lunar strain, TJR and whoracle owns, Colony,Clayman, Reroute, STYE, Come Clarity, ASOP sucks..This is a fact: You have no music taste. You are one of those theres no reason talking too.. a REAL elitist of uber darkness. Maybe you should rephrase your comment since i think that you must've been drunk or something when you wrote that. I assume you are an Old fan, but you don't like Colony or Clayman? That's just odd. Your odd. There's no point RIP'ing a band that still exists, it's like RIP'ing people that's alive. If you don't like their newer works it's fine, but dont say that Jespers alcohol abuse is why you think they suck..Just.. retarded. Don't even know why i took the time to reply to you >.<

wow dude, calm down. there's something in the English language known as "opinion". Maybe you should look it up before calling people "odd" just because they don't agree with your specific taste in music. grow up.

Have you even listened to newer songs? It looks like you have.. But haven't you noticed how melodic they already are? They are very melodic

I do agree with you, the songs off of Come Clarity and A Sense Of Purpose are definitely melodic, moreso than Reroute To Remain and Soundtrack To Your Escape, however, the melodic sensibility is quite different than that which is heard on albums like Lunar Strain through Colony and, in a lesser sense, even Clayman ... I should have clarified myself more, eh? :) Oh, and by "melodic sensibility" I mean that, on the earlier releases, the melodies were much more folk-influenced than they are thesedays (outside of the very occasional leaning towards that style/feel) so, anyway, there it is!

I do agree with you, the songs off of Come Clarity and A Sense Of Purpose are definitely melodic, moreso than Reroute To Remain and Soundtrack To Your Escape, however, the melodic sensibility is quite different than that which is heard on albums like Lunar Strain through Colony and, in a lesser sense, even Clayman ... I should have clarified myself more, eh? :) Oh, and by "melodic sensibility" I mean that, on the earlier releases, the melodies were much more folk-influenced than they are thesedays (outside of the very occasional leaning towards that style/feel) so, anyway, there it is!

Yea i agree that the melodic riffs is different. If you listen to The jester race chorus riff it's very melodic, and then you listen to Drenched in Fears riff.. Also very melodic but sounds very different.

wow dude, calm down. there's something in the English language known as "opinion". Maybe you should look it up before calling people "odd" just because they don't agree with your specific taste in music. grow up.

Yes ofcourse i know that all of this is just opinions, but i truly don't understand how you as an old fan, only likes Lunar Strain, TJR & Whoracle, but NOT Colony..like, wtf? And not Clayman either? I can still think your opinion is retarded but i can still respect it. Okay if you only like Lunar Strain, since Lunar and TJR is pretty different.. But Whoracle and Colony is not that different.. So i don't get why you don't like Colony, or clayman. This is ofcourse also just an opinion. But dude trust me, it IS odd not liking Colony if you like the albums before that. And it still is pretty stupid saying Jespers alcohol problem is the reason their newer works suck.

when I said first 3 albums, I was referring to Subterranean, Lunar Strain and TJR. Not Whoracle. I never really liked Whoracle. sorry for the confusion.

when I said first 3 albums, I was referring to Subterranean, Lunar Strain and TJR. Not Whoracle. I never really liked Whoracle. sorry for the confusion.

Well..Subterranean isn't an album so i thought you meant Whoracle..But still, If you like TJR, why don't you like Whoracle? I mean..it's really weird dude.

some peoples tastes are strange to me.....if you can listen to the first 3 albums (I'll humor the fact that you're considering subterranean an album) and enjoy them as much as specified ..I find it hard to believe that you can't enjoy at least through Clayman. Especially whoracle...considering it's in the same vein of musical direction/feel/mood as the previous albums only with a slight progression as a band. Almost like saying you like chocolate and you like peanut butter....but you hate reeses......jsut strange to me. But hey......to each his own.

some peoples tastes are strange to me.....if you can listen to the first 3 albums (I'll humor the fact that you're considering subterranean an album) and enjoy them as much as specified ..I find it hard to believe that you can't enjoy at least through Clayman. Especially whoracle...considering it's in the same vein of musical direction/feel/mood as the previous albums only with a slight progression as a band. Almost like saying you like chocolate and you like peanut butter....but you hate reeses......jsut strange to me. But hey......to each his own.

Exactly what i meant but i didn't care to elaborate..
It's like you are a die hard Metallica fan, you only like Kill Em' All (the first album) and not Ride the Ligthing, Master of puppets.. It's just weird dude.