Jester comes out of rehab finally.

lets just hope it doesnt sound anything like asop i might have to kill myself if it does...wont that be nice

If I told you that ASOP came before Clayman would you say it sucks? Just wondering if you're on the *all new IF* blows bandwagon. Anywho, ASOP has a bunch of quality tracks on it with excellent production, I'm not sure why people hate on it so badly.

If I told you that ASOP came before Clayman would you say it sucks? Just wondering if you're on the *all new IF* blows bandwagon. Anywho, ASOP has a bunch of quality tracks on it with excellent production, I'm not sure why people hate on it so badly.
You obviously haven't read many of HotKnifingFlash's posts. He's a new school fan, in fact I'm pretty sure he hates the old material.

You obviously haven't read many of HotKnifingFlash's posts. He's a new school fan, in fact I'm pretty sure he hates the old material.

WHAT! I fucking love the old in flames, are you high on fucking napalm? If there is an asop 2 I will seriously lock my self in a room and starve to death. Heres why, first off the name a sense of purpose how so very homosexual it could be deep but its not. Second the production was good but the lyrics were horrible there i can't remember any really high pitched screams or any catchy chorus's. The most popular song on the album alias is a good song, but it had the least beats per minute on the whole album, except for maybe The Chosen Pessimist. I remember inflames for being fast paced and really catchy this album does almost nothing i listen to it maybe once or twice a year that's it. I'll listen to few songs but not the album as a whole. A sense of purpose gets two thumbs down and one possible suicide

I used to like it, but that's only because of enthusiasm and forcing myself to think it's going to be good for sure, then I realized it's honestly mediocre and somewhat pathetic.

If it was before clayman then we'd be saying In Flames sold out earlier than clayman.

I used to like it, but that's only because of enthusiasm and forcing myself to think it's going to be good for sure, then I realized it's honestly mediocre and somewhat pathetic.

If it was before clayman then we'd be saying In Flames sold out earlier than clayman.

It isn't a perfect, or fantastic album, by any means, but it does have qutie a few bright spots. Hell all of their albums except for maybe Colony (imo) have headscratcher songs on that I end up skipping over. I just don't think it's justified calling it a colossal heap of garbage.

As far as selling out goes, I don't know about anybody else, but if I had the chance to reach a greater community I would take it in a heartbeat, metal bands have a hard enough time making ends meet as it is.

If asop came before clayman i still wouldn't listen to it. It has no value i use it as a Frisbee and it still sucks.

I actually think every album wipes the floor with ASOP. Although the guitar tone and sound of Come Clarity is horrid the songwriting still was somewhat raw and badass and not slow-as-fuck-without-energy stuff like ASOP...

Anyway, just my 2 cents...

I actually think every album wipes the floor with ASOP. Although the guitar tone and sound of Come Clarity is horrid the songwriting still was somewhat raw and badass and not slow-as-fuck-without-energy stuff like ASOP...

Anyway, just my 2 cents...

The guitar tone on CC was better than ASOP, ASOp sounds watered down and shit.

That's a pretty extreme argument, where would you draw the line? "Reaching a greater community" subsets would look something like this: metal>heavy rock>pop rock>sugar pop... If metal bands employed your logic, there wouldn't be any metal at all. It is, by definition, a genre which comprises a minority of music listeners.

Extreme argument? Your logic is completely asinine. The markets for heavy rock, pop rock and sugar pop are probably similar in size and scope, they're just different. Also, In Flames doesn't possess the tools and image to succeed in a pop rock or pop market, a scene typically dominated by younger artists who are usually gone in a few of months or years.

Total progression for In Flames might look more like death metal>alternative metal>hard rock (last one is hypothetical). I don't think In Flames is going to cross over into pure hard rock music, Anders doesn't have the voice for it, and writing music is characterized by habits whether it be keys, beats, song structures or tone, I don't think they're going to completely break a metal writing habit.

By definition, metal is a form of music typically encorporating distorted guitars, extended guitar solos, brash (for lack of a better term) vocals, and a general loudness. Don't try and ride my ass with some sidetracking argument pointing out bands or subgenres that don't fit that mold and are still considered metal, because I'm aware of that. The point is that the size of an audience doesn't make metal what it is. If metal was being played on the hit music stations, that wouldn't change the fact that it is metal.

Your also wrong in saying metal wouldn't exist. Most kids get into music for the sake of creating music that they like, and most of them will only ever get to create music, never becoming a household name or making it a career for themselves. If you're lucky enough to make it a career, you're naturally going to want make the most of it, right now extreme metal probably doesn't offer the best living situation for 99.9% of bands. In the end though, nobody can be sure that In Flames even writes the music they do now to reach a greater audience, even if they did, it wouldn't change anything, they're the ones who control how they sound, so bitching and moaning is pointless. If you don't like something they've done recently, don't listen to it, there are plenty of good bands left and a bunch up and coming to fawn over until it's their turn to sell out.

Extreme argument? Your logic is completely asinine. The markets for heavy rock, pop rock and sugar pop are probably similar in size and scope, they're just different. Also, In Flames doesn't possess the tools and image to succeed in a pop rock or pop market, a scene typically dominated by younger artists who are usually gone in a few of months or years.

Total progression for In Flames might look more like death metal>alternative metal>hard rock (last one is hypothetical). I don't think In Flames is going to cross over into pure hard rock music, Anders doesn't have the voice for it, and writing music is characterized by habits whether it be keys, beats, song structures or tone, I don't think they're going to completely break a metal writing habit.

By definition, metal is a form of music typically encorporating distorted guitars, extended guitar solos, brash (for lack of a better term) vocals, and a general loudness. Don't try and ride my ass with some sidetracking argument pointing out bands or subgenres that don't fit that mold and are still considered metal, because I'm aware of that. The point is that the size of an audience doesn't make metal what it is. If metal was being played on the hit music stations, that wouldn't change the fact that it is metal.

Your also wrong in saying metal wouldn't exist. Most kids get into music for the sake of creating music that they like, and most of them will only ever get to create music, never becoming a household name or making it a career for themselves. If you're lucky enough to make it a career, you're naturally going to want make the most of it, right now extreme metal probably doesn't offer the best living situation for 99.9% of bands. In the end though, nobody can be sure that In Flames even writes the music they do now to reach a greater audience, even if they did, it wouldn't change anything, they're the ones who control how they sound, so bitching and moaning is pointless. If you don't like something they've done recently, don't listen to it, there are plenty of good bands left and a bunch up and coming to fawn over until it's their turn to sell out.

I totally agree. If you think new In Flames suck, then keep it to yourself.
If you say that old in flames were better, tbh it's /care
If you don't like the music, theres no need saying you don't like it and coming with gay arguments on how they were better before etc.

I totally agree. If you think new In Flames suck, then keep it to yourself.
If you say that old in flames were better, tbh it's /care
If you don't like the music, theres no need saying you don't like it and coming with gay arguments on how they were better before etc.

Why should we keep our mouths shut if we don't like something. Go cry and kill yourself if you don't like it. You can't leave out opinions because they are negative and just because you are a fan does not mean you have to always be optimistic.

I'd just like to say I'll be leaving this particular subforum. It's really not worth my time scrolling through pages "this post has been hidden because this user is on your ignore list" just to get to some post by some new faggot who is immediately added to my ignore list. There are a couple posters on here whose comments I usually find worth reading, or at least not obnoxiously retarded, but there's simply not enough decent discussion to be worth my time.

Why should we keep our mouths shut if we don't like something. Go cry and kill yourself if you don't like it. You can't leave out opinions because they are negative and just because you are a fan does not mean you have to always be optimistic.

Because it's fucking annoying. You don't need to say it 10283901839012890321809321890318290312809389012830912839012803918209381209389012380912830912839012830912 times that you hate new in flames, and try to convince people who like them that they suck. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but don't force them onto others. This is a discussion forum, and there is barely any discussions,there's only New vs Old wars.

It's really not worth my time scrolling through pages "this post has been hidden because this user is on your ignore list" just to get to some post by some new faggot who is immediately added to my ignore list.

You must be kidding. You think it's their fault you can't find worth in their posts...XD

I am laughing hard. ASOP kicks ass, you just gotta know what they're talking about.

HotKnifingHash, better get your jester outfit on. Maybe those drugs had you thinking it was on the whole time ;)