Jihad

I've been a little dissappointed in Terrorizer the last six months or so. They are totally picking the British bands lately. Ever since Jonathan Selzer left, they have no ambition with their album of the month. I did recently purchase The Hidden Hand, which got album of the month a while back. It is actually a great pick for that honor.

I think I'll download some Meads stuff before I buy. Their pictures and stuff make them look cheesier than . . . I don't know. They just look cheesy.

npearce said:
I think I'll download some Meads stuff before I buy. Their pictures and stuff make them look cheesier than . . . I don't know. They just look cheesy.
'Graveland' is the word you're looking for. Creed of Iron anyone?

You liked Mithras too though, right?

npearce said:
Mithras is good, but that review was WAY overblown. The "old" Terrorizer would have a least wiped the jizz off the pages before shipping them out.
Agreed 100%. The editor could have at least put in a couple of side comments or something.

the new meads of asphodel suprised me actually. A friend of mine bought it ( i cant remember the name) and it was actually pretty good. The jihad stuff is gone, and replaces with vikingesque metal (kidaof).

So I've been downloading some Meads stuff . . . not bad. It's a lot more raw than I thought it would be. The vocals sound like a warm, fluffy Varg, though. Some of it is a little strange.

Anyway, I was checking out their website, and they appear to be VERY much AGAINST the terrorists of 9/11.

Here's the link to their website, if you wanted to read their statement regarding Jihad:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/cathy.hawkes/meads/jihad.html

That's a really well written snippet. Kudos to them. I like them even more now, but I've yet to hear their music, heh. Certainly are garnering a good reputation these days, and The End were quick to stock them (after the Terrorizer edition was available in the US no doubt).

yea i bought the split just for the aspect of having a studio recording of Dead's vocals. I like that version of carnage better too (musically).