Jim, didn't...

monikaedv

Leverposteiguten
Nov 26, 2002
Trondheim, Norway
mmmonika.g2gm.com
...we have a silly conversation about masturbation on the perpetual motion board? I think it was you. I had unintentionally pissed off everyone at the board and had to come back and explain and apologize and stuff but most of the people were already so mad at me that they wouldn't listen to reason. remember this?
Monika (the Atrox wöman)

Oh yes. I definitely remember. :)

The whole masturbation thing came about when someone quoted a review I did of Contentum (I just bought that a few weeks ago) where it sounded like you were patting the bunny while doing those vocals... and ya know... still does. But I like the album a lot more now than I did then for whatever reason. Hope ya don't mind that the album's replaced Within Temptation's Mother Earth for my 'in that mood' album of choice.

I actually tried to schedule an interview with you when I bought Terrestrials (excellent album, and vocals a bit more under control. ;)) earlier this year, but SoM had just opened an "American office" but never heard anything back about it so I let it drop...

Hopefully Code666 won't be so difficult after I buy the next one (I'm not on their promo list gosh darnit which pisses me off after hearing the Ephel Duath and Rakoth this year, that I missed 2 years ago... they definitely have some of the farther-out stuff that I love!)...

Any idea where in the world to get Mesmerized these days?

Originally posted by Jim LotFP
Oh yes. I definitely remember. :)

The whole masturbation thing came about when someone quoted a review I did of Contentum (I just bought that a few weeks ago) where it sounded like you were patting the bunny while doing those vocals...

patting the bunny hehehe never heard that expression

but no, actually I started the whole masturbation talk cause I compared singing to masturbation hehehe... since people say I'm like the vocalist's answer to guitar wankers haha... so I said nobody can tell me how I shall masturbate cause I know myself how to make it feel good :lol:

Anyway I'm a bit scared now cause there are probably still people around who thinks I'm a bitch because of that discussion :zombie:

I saw someone had Mesmerised for trade at the trade forum... just search the forums and it'll pop right up in front of ya

About interview... it COULD be my fault... I haven't answered mails from SoM for ages cause they are so damn mean :(

Originally posted by monikaedv
but no, actually I started the whole masturbation talk cause I compared singing to masturbation hehehe... since people say I'm like the vocalist's answer to guitar wankers haha... so I said nobody can tell me how I shall masturbate cause I know myself how to make it feel good :lol:

Hmm, coulda sworn someone there (dweeb?) referenced my review... *shrug*

Anyway I'm a bit scared now cause there are probably still people around who thinks I'm a bitch because of that discussion :zombie:

Well they all think I'm an asshole so I wouldn't worry too much.

I saw someone had Mesmerised for trade at the trade forum... just search the forums and it'll pop right up in front of ya

I don't like used CDs, actually... dunno why... the desire to stay dirt poor?

About interview... it COULD be my fault... I haven't answered mails from SoM for ages cause they are so damn mean

Well then, poooooooey!

Originally posted by rhavin2112
Jim, if you ever want to be taken seriously as a metal journalist, I would refrain from using the word "poooooooey"
:rolleyes:

If a musician can say their old label was 'so damn mean!' I can answer 'poooooooey'.

But if you want the serious metal journalist response, here it is:

"Well if they were being so damn mean, you should have just said you were going to declare war on them. They would have surrendered immediately. French bastards."

If a musician can say their old label was 'so damn mean!' I can answer 'poooooooey'.

But if you want the serious metal journalist response, here it is:

"Well if they were being so damn mean, you should have just said you were going to declare war on them. They would have surrendered immediately. French bastards."

Believe me, I've been in war against them, but it's no point

'So damn mean' - well, kind of a sissy thing to say hehe but then again I am a bit of a sissy. If they found out I said they were fucking ignorant amateurs licking Mayhem's asses and shitting on the other bands I would have to expect a terrible revenge. Or well... no promotion and spreading lies about us.... not really a big difference hehe... But I didn't say anything bad about them anyway so... :lol: :)

Well, what the hell... we're not on that shit label anymore. Well, Tactile Gemma is still signed with them but I'd rather be without a record deal than having contact with the SoM boss again. Ask me anything and the bird will sing hehehehe

So... am I pooey or...? err... I'm norwegian so I don't know exactly how you guys use it. Then I'll call you Penis hehehe

Mesmerised was printed in 1000 ex only so I don't think it would be easy to find it new.Except... hmmm, I think it was called Namtaru Productions. Italian. Hmmm, but maybe they changed the name. Most of the Atrox/ex-Atrox guys don't have it either. I do. But it isn't so good anyway hehehe :)

'So damn mean' - well, kind of a sissy thing to say hehe but then again I am a bit of a sissy. If they found out I said they were fucking ignorant amateurs licking Mayhem's asses and shitting on the other bands I would have to expect a terrible revenge. Or well... no promotion and spreading lies about us.... not really a big difference hehe... But I didn't say anything bad about them anyway so... :lol: :)

I remember when they were releasing all the weird Bethzaida and Oxiplegatz and the early Bloodthorn stuff and thinking there's no way they could turn into 'business assholes'... wrong, eh? Damn. *kills them*

Well, what the hell... we're not on that shit label anymore. Well, Tactile Gemma is still signed with them but I'd rather be without a record deal than having contact with the SoM boss again. Ask me anything and the bird will sing hehehehe

*jots down that note for the eventual interview*

So... am I pooey or...? err... I'm norwegian so I don't know exactly how you guys use it. Then I'll call you Penis hehehe

Well yes you're pooey if you ignored your chance to participate in the LotFP interview experience, which has caused over one hundred musicians to ask "Is this fucker ever going to stop asking me questions and giggling at every unfunny thing I say?" I shudder to think what kind of filler I had to write because YOU wouldn't get on the phone. heehee

But Penis?

I can live with it.

Mesmerised was printed in 1000 ex only so I don't think it would be easy to find it new.Except... hmmm, I think it was called Namtaru Productions. Italian. Hmmm, but maybe they changed the name. Most of the Atrox/ex-Atrox guys don't have it either. I do. But it isn't so good anyway hehehe :)

Well, hmmm, would you happen to have TWO copies? Or go raid the Slayer offices for an extra under the chair or something. So is all the early demo stuff and the 7" ever going to be packaged as one of those CDs that are incredible wastes of time for most other bands? heh. I still have to get myself the Tactile Gemma (the other vocalist somehow snuck into a key spot in my 2001 runner up for album of the year!) but I know where to get it for $10 (Dark Symphonies!), it's just my laziness that I haven't.

What's up with your website that's linked half of everywhere but goes nowhere? Always a depressing thing, that, because those pictures on Season of Mist's site are oh so inadequate and the band logo resolution is stinky there.

Well yes you're pooey if you ignored your chance to participate in the LotFP interview experience, which has caused over one hundred musicians to ask "Is this fucker ever going to stop asking me questions and giggling at every unfunny thing I say?" I shudder to think what kind of filler I had to write because YOU wouldn't get on the phone. heehee

Ohhhh phone interview.... :eek: I have phone phobia!!! I had to do a phone itw once and I was soooo scared and then when the time came for the itw I was still drunk from last night's party but I was still nervous and when the guy started to ask questions I started giggling like an idiot and couldn't stop hehehe. The guy thought I was laughing at his questions and he thought the itw was terrible (I was so nervous I couldn't make my brain function - or was it the alcohol...?) so he did it over again with one of the other guys :lol: I said to myself I'd never do a phone itw again, BUT if I'm allowed to talk crap most of the time it'll probably be no problem hehehe

>Tactile Gemma (the other vocalist somehow snuck into a key spot in my >2001 runner up for album of the year!)

But she didn't participate on any albums that year...??? Unless you mean Tactile Gemma of course

>What's up with your website that's linked half of everywhere but goes >nowhere? Always a depressing thing, that, because those pictures on >Season of Mist's site are oh so inadequate and the band logo resolution is >stinky there.

The homepage... well, our guitarist used to run it from school but he's finished his education and now we don't have a place to put it/make it, whatever...
Thought we'd just make a page on mp3.com instead.

The logo on SoM's page is the one I told them over and over not to use at all, I sent them the new logo 3 times or more but they still use the wrong one. And they used photos I told them not to use, not only for the home page but for the Contentum cover. Call me vain or whatever; I HATE that photo of me and I smashed my CD when I saw they had put it in the cover despite that I told them not to. I also painted it black in my copy of Contentum. I censored the logo as well hehehe. They didn't do one single thing of what we asked them to do about the cover and I went to war against them... and everything got worse...

Ohhhh phone interview.... :eek: I have phone phobia!!! I had to do a phone itw once and I was soooo scared and then when the time came for the itw I was still drunk from last night's party but I was still nervous and when the guy started to ask questions I started giggling like an idiot and couldn't stop hehehe. The guy thought I was laughing at his questions and he thought the itw was terrible (I was so nervous I couldn't make my brain function - or was it the alcohol...?) so he did it over again with one of the other guys :lol: I said to myself I'd never do a phone itw again, BUT if I'm allowed to talk crap most of the time it'll probably be no problem hehehe

You do realize now for any Atrox publicity that A- I will insist on a phone interview (I hate email interviews, that means I actually have to prepare and make an effort to come up with questions), B- I will insist it be with you, C- I will use this knowledge to my full advantage and be Evil Interviewer.

I never understood why it would be difficult for someone to give a phone interview. You'd think people would just want to talk about themselves for long periods of time. Right? Wrong! Lots of people seem to be scared of doing them in the first place, and then lots of people on the phone DON'T WANT TO TALK. When you have an open icebreaker question like, "Tell me about your band" you would think they could go on for hours! But nooooooooo... I don't allow any interview to go less than 30 minutes on the phone (record is 4+ hours, ha ha) but sometimes it is grinding teeth to make it so..

More magazines should interview ME. I'm talkative. I'll fill their space. "LotFP was formed four score and seven years ago based on the idea of some Finnish woman who hates me now and thinks I'm a cyberstalker just because I've saved pictures of her from when she was 17 making her first webpage..." Better than the ol' 'yeah, we're a band, we play music, we just enjoy ourselves, it doesn't really mean anything, can I go now?'

But she didn't participate on any albums that year...??? Unless you mean Tactile Gemma of course

Novembre's Novembrine Waltz... she did the vocals for their cover of Cloudbusting... you're grounded for not having that album.

The homepage... well, our guitarist used to run it from school but he's finished his education and now we don't have a place to put it/make it, whatever... Thought we'd just make a page on mp3.com instead.

Bug Ultimate Metal for space. :)

The logo on SoM's page is the one I told them over and over not to use at all, I sent them the new logo 3 times or more but they still use the wrong one. And they used photos I told them not to use, not only for the home page but for the Contentum cover. Call me vain or whatever; I HATE that photo of me and I smashed my CD when I saw they had put it in the cover despite that I told them not to. I also painted it black in my copy of Contentum. I censored the logo as well hehehe. They didn't do one single thing of what we asked them to do about the cover and I went to war against them... and everything got worse...

OK. How did they get photos and artwork you didn't want them to use in the first place?

Where are the photos you DID want them to use? mmmmm?

You do realize now for any Atrox publicity that A- I will insist on a phone interview (I hate email interviews, that means I actually have to prepare and make an effort to come up with questions), B- I will insist it be with you, C- I will use this knowledge to my full advantage and be Evil Interviewer.

Well, in that case, OK no problem! Unless you have an accent that I can't understand hehehe... Like, my english is pretty Ok but I have problems with understanding for instance scottish people

>More magazines should interview ME. I'm talkative. I'll fill their space.

Filling the space is the most important thing huh? I'll fill your space with uh huh huh huh huh huh huh giggle giggle giggle

>Novembre's Novembrine Waltz... she did the vocals for their cover of >Cloudbusting... you're grounded for not having that album.

aaaaahhh yes of course... haven't even heard it, bet she doesn't have it either... I think they should give me a CD for free since I'm the one who got them in touch with her in the 1st place, but then again, there are a couple of CDs I have contributed to (cover/singing) that I never got a copy of either so... just let them be ...uhhh... scrooges?

>OK. How did they get photos and artwork you didn't want them to use in >the first place?

I 1st gave them that logo but then came up with a new and better one...
The photos... I gave SoM the negatives only (cause the copies we had were kind of too dark) cause then they had to have them developed/processed (?) over again and hopefully better. I marked every single negative with names and "Don't use this one" though, to avoid mistakes. Guess I was being VERY naïve thinking they would care at all. I mean, why did they have all of the photos processed anyway, they don't want to spend a dime extra for Atrox. That's why "Terrestrials" has those long pauses between the songs and the digital noises (!!!) - they didn't care to have it mastered ("We have spent enough money on you now") so no one knew about it when the CDs were pressed.

>Where are the photos you DID want them to use? mmmmm?

Hmmm, in a closet... and in some mags... and they used to be on our homepage (RIP)