Monika's Hand injury-by Jadi-Anne.

supremacy

Supremacy.com.au
Most of the Supremacy fans here in Australia know of Monika's hand injury but for those of you who don't i will take the time to explain it to you.

I have been getting alot of emails asking why or when is Supremacy going to perform again.
The last Supremacy show was the launch of the mini Cd "Angel" this was the Girl power performance with the female goddess "Doro" from Europe.

Monika Dee expressed to me that she was feeling some pain in her hand every time she picked up her guitar to play,
i thought it was minor since she only mentioned this to me once,
i then started to notice every time she played for even 20 Min's her hand would swell like a balloon,
being my sister and living under the same roof i started to see Monika staying up most nights taking pain killers and getting frustrated all the time,
We even started to argue alot this then frustrated me and we slowly started to get distant from each other,
I started to question Monika asking her why she is not playing much anymore and also why her playing was starting to lack the spark that she has always promoted in her unbelievable style of playing,
We would end up in a bitch fight due to her not wanting to talk about it,
This was unusual to me as she had never pushed me away before so i finally pushed her into telling me what was wrong.

Monika has always had a passion for her music and her guitar was and still is her life, she was afraid of not being able to play again so she wanted to ignore the problem and even ignore me,
being the manager of Supremacy i had organized band schedules that she did not follow through which made my job harder, wanted to re-schedule all the time made me more mad at her,
this was so out of character to me so i took time out and had a really good talk with Monika, breaking down with deep depression i got to the point of somehow getting her to see a doctor about her hand.
We then found out that Monika's hand injury was more serious than we thought,
She needed surgery, we also found that this injury was not from her guitar playing it was work related ,
she was not able to play her guitar till this matter was sorted out.
She was on a waiting list and finally got in 8 months later after the company she worked for agreed to pay for the operation.
two weeks before her surgery Monika got a letter from her doctor stating that she must be on lite duties, well this did not happen and created another disaster Monika slipped and broke the main bone in her wrist on the same hand that was already injured.
It doesn't stop there her surgery was unsuccessful and she has had two nerve blocks since then,
This breaks my heart i can not express how this is for Monika, she has been through counseling for her depression and her pain is never ending.
her doctor said that she will most likely need surgery again but they are looking into other ways to avoid anymore damage to her wrist so "Keep your fingers crossed" and hope for the best.

What hurts me the most is that the show needs to go on,
we will be launching our 4Th release tittled "VICIOUS CIRCLE" this year and it will be launched without her.
I'm finding this very hard since i have been on stage with Monika for over ten years,
this is a business decision we both made and we feel it is the right thing to do for our band and the Supremacy fans.
I will up-date this section as much as i can to let you all know what is going to happen.
Thank you to all the fans that have been patient your support is very appreciated.

"Blessed be"
Jadi-Anne

YOU ALL ROCK :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

An up-date on Monika's hand,
Well her job decided to let her go so now she has no income and they don't want to pay for anymore medical bills, isn't it funny how they like you when your working for them but as soon as you injure yourself they wash their hands off of you.
She needs another operation and a nerve block and they will not help her.
She has tried to work on her hand and i believe she will never give up the fight for her passion to play again, i know she will and i can't wait for the day she does, Monika has never been a quitter and has always played her guitar with pride, her instrument is her life and to hell with everyone who ever tries to take this passion from her.
I was in band rehearsal the other day and Monika came along to watch and listen to the new Supremacy show, i can see her heartache and it made me feel really bad to the point i can't really imagine going up on stage without her.
Monika and i started Supremacy in the 80's all our live shows have been with her and when i had to rehearse with a replacement didn't feel right at all, didn't even sound the same, she is one in a million and i really can't imagine doing it without her, she is my sister, my writing and business partner and the person i have come to adore and love very much.
I don't know what will happen but i can be sure that we as a team will never give up the fight.
Through the years we have struggled to release album after albums with only the both of us funding each product we never ever for one minute thought of ever giving up our dream so to me why give up now, we are going to fight this battle even if i have to fund her medical bills myself.
Now i see why we are calling our 4th release "Vicious Circle" this title is the truth Supremacy has been through just that.
Rest assure Jadi-Anne will save the day because i have all the will to fight and carry my sister to overcome these boundary's that is what makes us strong we have a bond nobody could ever take and that is enough for me as Monika is the most special part of my heart.

:headbang: :headbang: YOU ROCK MONIKA DON"T EVER FORGET THAT :headbang: :headbang:

YOU NUMBER ONE FAN
Jadi-Anne xxooxx

Monika inspired me to play just over 3 years ago when I thought I had lost hope in myself, I thought I had never found the right musos to play with (besides Bec in those last 10 years) and therefore my search was fading. I decided to promote myself on music sites hoping someone was looking for a female metal guitarist after countless years of searching for others and only to find fuckwit wannabees who had no idea to start with.
I received a a text message from Monika around Feb 2003 asking me every question under the sun, from 'who the hell are you and what plywood crap do I have in my collection?'and also one that I'll never forget 'are you gonna fuck with my time stating that you can play and the only chord you know is an E?'...I liked this girl already:) she hammered me with every question I would have asked.
When I saw the name 'Supremacy' I knew exactly who I was talking with...a serious duo who had fought it tooth and nail in this industry, I frantically searched my video tape collection knowing I had seen the name before...an old Metal Warriors tape which my fiancee had owned for many years. I carefully studied it watching how this female guitarist(Monika) was gonna rip me a new asshole with her guitar playing...as I thought to myself no fucking way am I gonna be able to keep up with this chick shit she's bloody excellent!!!:erk:
As judgement day approached I knew I had to do this for myself, to see if I was capable of playing with this classically trainned guitarist knowing I had not even one lesson under my belt. Something drew me to them, like a calling, as if I were searching for a long lost part of me. That Saturday morning came as I got my axe and gear ready I tripped over my cat and slammed my head into the cupboard, falling to the floor, the side of my head started to swell, the dizzyness overwelmed me. Nothing was gonna hold me back! I wanted this more than ever as I staggered into the car and drove over an hour across town. Dazed and confussed I finally find the place.
The greetings go well as we start chating away, the more I talk with these girls the more it feels like home, as if I had always known them. I especially saw myself through Monika, the same expressions and same way of thinking, like I had found myself, bloody scary!
She asks me to plug in and belt out a few tunes so she can see what I am capeable of doing, being a smart ass as usual I strum out an E chord!...and then getting down to business play some of my own tunes. We begin playing 'Blessed Be' and fuck did I admire her guitar work:worship:,
Jadi-anne comes running through the jam room asking Monika 'did she just play that?' and Monika responds with a grin on her face 'fuck yeah, I told you she was different'. It felt so easy to jam with Monika, only one other chick had touched my soul with there tallent and that was Bec.
When I returned home I was like a kid who had drank too much red cordial. I couldn't stop talking about these girls, their inspiration and tallent gave me the urge to play more than ever. A couple of weeks later Bec came up for a jam (trying out for the violin she ended up playing bass:headbang: )and then I saw what I hadnt seen before, they were a mirror image of us, they were our long lost metal sisters which we had searched for all those years.I practiced day and night shreading my fingers, I made a promise to these girls that I would put in 110% for Supremacy and that I would never let anything get in our way.There was one thing that I kept denying, how sick I was.
I wasn't going to let some fucked up disease take over my passion for playing especially since I had found Monika and Jadi-anne. After 2 years of trying, I fall pregnant, especially after being told that I couldn't because of the chronic endometriosis that was spreading though my body. But all is good because I was told that the baby would cure the disease and I would have a normal life. It didnt happen, it became worse, spreading to my right lung making it uncomfortable to play, an unbareable pain. After more than half a dozen operations I would later find out that I had lost most of my stomach muscles making it impossible to hold my child for long periods or any weight at the front of me...including my guitar.
I couldnt confront you girls with this especially after watching Monika's battle with her hand. This is someone I really look up too, my mentor and inspiration for playing.Its unfair that life can be so cruel and take from us our ability that we once had but one thing it cant take is our will to continue, our passion for music. As you stated Jadi-anne fame means nothing as long as you have your music and the right people to help you acheive it, I believe that is what makes you whole.Monika your strength and disire to play gives me hope that I can do it again and I know you will shread that axe more than ever.
I broke a promise to you girls and that I shall never forgive myself for. After last weekend and only spending a couple of hours with you, I realised how much I missed being around you all, how much I missed jaming and that feeling of being alive. I was so depressed upon leaving like it was being taken from me once again, that flame burning within me, that power that only Supremacy holds. Something had awoken within me. I got home a fuck did I play,every bit of a Supremacy song that I could remember, and fuck did it hurt:heh: I wanted it hurt...for nothing will stand in my way, I will play once again.

Sonya

That's right you will play again and when you do you will appreciate it more.
Never give up on your dreams because your dreams will then give up on you.
"Blessed be"
Jadi-Anne........