Job:Reamping-Whats your price??

What else can we do, and still keep clients coming in the door? If your the same price as every other guy then how do you get business?

Well, personally I know I'll have a reamp job to be done (due to my poor room treatement I can't see myself recording the final tracks here), and what I do is I check people's mix, what they post, I check if they've got their services advertised in their sigs, their website, etc...
Getting in buisness also means taking care of your customers and your potential ones.

I'm not getting involved in this, just throwing my two cents here, but right now, you're not doing a favor to your buisness advertising your rates, and...you know...general behavior...

well anyway

I'm sorry, but do you guys arguing that $10 is a fair price realize how much just the gear alone costs?

Cuniberti Reamp: about $200 new
Maxon OD-820: $220 new
Mesa oversized 4x12: about $1000 new, around $600 used
Peavey 5150: around $700 used
EVH 5150 III: $2000 new, around $1400 used
API A2D: $1865 new

Getting payed $100 for reamping a 10 song album barely even puts a dent in the cost of the gear it takes to achieve pro guitar tones... and that's just looking at the cost of the gear. Don't forget that mixing when you already have great guitar tones is EASY... high pass, low pass, a little volume automation here and there during leads... bam, done. The guitar tone is one of the most important parts of a mix and something we all want sounding awesome... you really think it's only worth $100? $100 is NOTHING towards a full album...

Sure, if you are only 16-18 years old and don't have a lot of things to spend money on, picking up $100 here and there from doing reamping is an easy way to get some extra cash if you already have the gear, but for most of us, $100 is not even worth the time it takes to bother doing it...

Well during the brief period that I was offering reamping (back when i had an amp/cab to my name :cry: ), I wouldn't charge very much because I bought all the stuff for my own use but figured I might as well try to use it to make a few dollars (and since I only had one amp and one cab, it wouldn't take me very long to set it all up). This is only in response to your post though Josh, FWIW I think people have a right to charge what they want, but agree it should be kept private (just so no one crucifies me :lol: )

Well during the brief period that I was offering reamping (back when i had an amp/cab to my name :cry: ), I wouldn't charge very much because I bought all the stuff for my own use but figured I might as well try to use it to make a few dollars. This is only in response to your post though Josh, FWIW I think people have a right to charge what they want, but agree it should be kept private (just so no one crucifies me :lol: )

I'm sure a lot of us bought all of our gear for our own use, but that doesn't change how much that gear costs. It's still the same gear whether it was bought to be used for your own music or for business purposes. If you are good and want to use that opportunity to make a name for yourself + earn some money in the process, you should charge prices that reflect what your work is worth.

I was only saying 5 bucks because people said i was taking my self seriously so it was snide remark

and yeah i raised my prices cause apparently i was charging to low. i just was never really proud of my reamp work even though alot of people like it so thats why i charged that much

i ment no damage to any of you guys i just like to hook up my returning clients and friends and if that fucks my buisness well i guess its for me to learn

See! Now look what you all did!
(hug's ryan) It's ok dude! You can still do $5 reamps for me ;) I kid :)
Dude, it's obvious your price reflected your modesty etc. But obviously your quality speaks for itself, so charging more should not deter customers as said, your quality is testament to the price! Good luck with it man :)

Yup, there is no such thing as free lunch. In our civilized Capitalism. There sure are free lunches somewhere…well, in older cultures or on far away tropic islands. But we don’t take their jobs “seriously” or “professionally”, they don’t have or need our “respect” and they’re behind our “logic” or “reasoning”. All these quoted words, I have always avoided those ultra-violent, conservative, schoolteacher-minded wordings as they almost make me puke.

But then, I’m not shopping or selling reampings here (right now). I like seeing sound comparisons and open prices though. Maybe I got some “reasoning” wrong here but it seems people must live in great fear with their pricings or soon they’re not respected forumites anymore. I wonder what will happen if someone would provide these services constantly free all the time? Like Linus-way, dude didn’t want money but freaking postcards.

Ok so then maybe a change of gears is in order. There is a ton of healthy respect between the lesser known guys around here, how do we keep from pissing in once another faces. We have already established that not posting prices is a good way to go. What else can we do, and still keep clients coming in the door? If your the same price as every other guy then how do you get business?

Sneap forum union!