Joey attacked onstage in LA

timmyc

Dec 16, 2002

According to the guy who posted this on Youtube:

Club Nokia LA- I didn't catch the whole thing but a fan jumped onstage and attacked Frankie Bello then the genious security jumps onstage and tackles Joey. At the end of viideo you see fan jump onstage then it cuts off.

Wow - this sucks.

Anyone else hear about this?

Last edited by a moderator:

Not the actual incident, but immediately after. Pretty sure that's Refuse/Resist they play before IATL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bamm! here it is! [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l48mUgr2FeE&feature=channel_video_title[/ame]

Looks like it was just a fan being stupid enough to go on stage to mosh. When the security goes for the tackle he takes out the fan and Joey at the same time.

Holy fuck a crazed fan!

But it looks like this is what happened:

1) Fan runs on stage, doesn't touch Frank, kinda just stands there and doesn't know what to do.
2) Joey grabs fan's arms from behind him
3) Security comes from in front and fuckin SMOKES em!!
4) Frank drops his bass and joins the brawl!
5) Bodies on the floor

I just hope Joey didn't receive any knocks while they were brawling on the floor!

But man, WTF, Scott and Charlie take like an hour to even enquire if Joe's ok or console him. I guess everyone was just in total shock. I guess shit just turned bad, often people run up on stage and then stage dive back -I even saw it when Metallica played an arena, 2006

What the hell was Joey trying to do once that fan ran up on stage? Looks like he was trying to grab him in an effort to get him off of there? Who knows, but people freak out a little too hard when fans manage to get on stage. I don't think the guy was trying to attack anybody, the security guy just freaked out and tackled him, but since Joey was tied up with the guy, he got tackled too. I'm sure if Joey left the guy alone he would've stage-dived and it would've been all over, or the security guy would've tackled only the fan and they wouldn't have had to stop the song. Talk about a freak occurrence.

What the hell was Joey trying to do once that fan ran up on stage? Looks like he was trying to grab him in an effort to get him off of there?

Joey's intention was to be cool and put his arm around the guy in a friendly way, like he's done many times before in situations like this. Since the guy was so out of control, it obviously didn't work out too well. He was not trying to lead him off-stage (as Blabbermouth reported).

Like Scott said, Joey's sore, but OK. Thank goodness nobody got hurt. Ever since Dimebag, you just never know.

Joey's intention was to be cool and put his arm around the guy in a friendly way, like he's done many times before in situations like this. Since the guy was so out of control, it obviously didn't work out too well. He was not trying to lead him off-stage (as Blabbermouth reported).

Like Scott said, Joey's sore, but OK. Thank goodness nobody got hurt. Ever since Dimebag, you just never know.

Yeah when Joey comes back on he even says "I was trying to be cool and it turned to shit."