Joey attacked onstage in LA

Joey's intention was to be cool and put his arm around the guy in a friendly way, like he's done many times before in situations like this. Since the guy was so out of control, it obviously didn't work out too well. He was not trying to lead him off-stage (as Blabbermouth reported).

If that's the case then I hope that security guy got the shit beat out of him, or at the very least, got fired from his job. What a fucktard.

John Bush would have never let this happen

:lol::lol::lol:

This entire thing was ridiculous. It's a thrash metal gig. Back in the day stage diving was all part of an Anthrax gig. Now a guy goes up on stage and gets tackled like he is a criminal. The guy was obviously not up there to do harm to the band he was just a crazy fan that was into it and wanted to get up on stage and possibly dive off or mosh around. I don't blame the Security guy though either. He was in a tough spot. He had to take the guy out and only had a few seconds to react. It just so happens Joey was right behind him.

I love how Scott just stands there playing while there is total chaos on stage and a few of his band mates are on the ground. Nice job Scott!

I love how Scott just stands there playing while there is total chaos on stage and a few of his band mates are on the ground. Nice job Scott!

Nice biased opinion. What's he supposed to do, join the brawl? It's not like they're a bunch cowboys in a saloon. Seems to me that they all have their roles in the band; Scott's the mouth, Frankie's the muscle! :lol:

Nice biased opinion. What's he supposed to do, join the brawl? It's not like they're a bunch cowboys in a saloon. Seems to me that they all have their roles in the band; Scott's the mouth, Frankie's the muscle! :lol:

Yes, at least go over and make sure his 'friends' are okay and try to help out with the situation. He saw Joey get plowed and just stood there playing the guitar like nothing happened. Then Frankie was in it and it was time for their 'friends' in the band to come help them out, but Scott just kept on playing the guitar. I guess I don't expect too much more from Scott he always has been a selfish narcissist.

Yes, at least go over and make sure his 'friends' are okay and try to help out with the situation. He saw Joey get plowed and just stood there playing the guitar like nothing happened. Then Frankie was in it and it was time for their 'friends' in the band to come help them out, but Scott just kept on playing the guitar. I guess I don't expect too much more from Scott he always has been a selfish narcissist.

Security is there to do their job! The band members shouldn't have to get involved. I'm sure Scott and Joey spoke about it later.

Sorry to see Joey take a shot but I hope this stupid fan got hurt. After what happened with Dime, stay the fuck off the stage!

Agreed, at least fucking stop. I can understand Charlie. He probably couldn't see.

Shows as big as the ones Anthrax plays have enough security going on outside the venue to ensure no one enters the show with guns and knives. So I think the whole, "Stay the fuck off stage cuz of what happened to Dime" is a little paranoid. I understand the need for concern since that tragedy, but do you really think that security guy was thinking about Dimebag when his attempt to show how big his nuts are backfired? I guess I can't speak for all venues everywhere, but I know for a fact that the security at the venue they are playing in Houston (as well as 95% of the rest, I'm sure) will be scanning patrons with metal detectors upon entrance. Won't keep me from bringing a fat joint in there though.

Shows as big as the ones Anthrax plays have enough security going on outside the venue to ensure no one enters the show with guns and knives. So I think the whole, "Stay the fuck off stage cuz of what happened to Dime" is a little paranoid.

I disagree. This isn't 1987 anymore, stay off the stage or don't cry when you get hurt. It doesn't matter if they're armed or not, no reason to take a chance these days.

Just my opinion.

Shows as big as the ones Anthrax plays have enough security going on outside the venue to ensure no one enters the show with guns and knives. ..... I guess I can't speak for all venues everywhere, but I know for a fact that the security at the venue they are playing in Houston (as well as 95% of the rest, I'm sure) will be scanning patrons with metal detectors upon entrance.

This is definitely not the case in Minneapolis. Here you need to play in a 10,000+ venue (basically, our sports arenas) before metal detectors come into play. For the venue Anthrax played at (1,800), we just got a cursory pat-down. It would have been very easy to bring a gun or knife into that show.

well..
It's always funny until someone gets hurt.
Till then it's just hilarious
You can laugh at me, when it misses you...

I was a club show in a rather small venue in Prague when some drunken idiot jumped onstage and attacked the singer. He got his ass kicked, but it got me immediately thinking of Dimebag. Unlike Deege I didn't see it with my own eyes, but I think it will always make my heart sink a little when I see someone got onstage like that.