Joeys computer specs

Were Did you get your info that a mac is 20x more efficient lets talk hardware a pc can run 2400 ddr3 memory while a mac can only run 1600 ddr3 When you compare the Operating system. Mac might boot up faster but in comparison of doing the most processing windows 7 is better , http://howto.cnet.com/8301-11310_39-10319612-285/performance-showdown-windows-7-vs-snow-leopard/ , < just one example. With over clocking available in windows and not in osx this makes me able to boost my Macbook from 2.2 ghz to 3ghz easily . Don't respond with, "intel turbo boost goes 3 ghz" not really it drops 2 cores and boost the other two to 3 ghz so yeah almost half the processing power. And furthermore i can build an amd 8 core fx clocked at 3.4 ghz stock with 8 physical cores not intel's 4 cores and 8 threads and run cubase at extremely fast rates. I don't have to lie to myself I bought a mac for looks thats it.

After being a hardcore pc gamer and working for BT and CEX building custom build computers to sell second hand.

I can literally say there is no point on buying anything like the I7 extreme versions for 3 times the amount of the cheaper i7's that can easily be overclocked to 3.6+ ghz. Plus copying the exact specs isn't going to get you the sounds.

I might sound moany, but i don't get why people thinking getting the same gear is going to make a difference.

You already have a profire 2626 and the 824's........switching to a fireface 400 and and Adams wouldn't be an upgrade, they are in the same bracket.....infact the mackies are more expensive :S....

It's like if i wanted to drum like Mike Portnoy, i wouldn't just go out and buy his drum kit and hope to sound like him..........it would be the years of hard work and day in day out practice to train yourself......by all means learn the techniques of your idols and the people you look up to, but by all means don't just think getting the gear will sort you.

I mean you already have REALLY nice gear......

Uhhm, not true
and I'm pretty sure Joey would know more than Prada for what he used.
Hmmm you might want to sight your information like I have before making an accusation such I'm pretty sure joey would know. And also Keep in mind you said a switch from windows 7 snow leopard forum I'm pretty sure someone more informed with the difference from ms dos windows based systems and Gui osx systems to make accusations like that. and get I stated ram specs on a pc versus a mac wich is a almost a 2/3 speed improvement which is a big deal because protools 10 has system cache memory availability's much like cubase making your session running on memory instead of you hard drive making the pc in are world ultimately faster. So don't argue facts without stating your evidence.

Hmmm you might want to sight your information like I have before making an accusation such I'm pretty sure joey would know. And also Keep in mind you said a switch from windows 7 snow leopard forum I'm pretty sure someone more informed with the difference from ms dos windows based systems and Gui osx systems to make accusations like that. and get I stated ram specs on a pc versus a mac wich is a almost a 2/3 speed improvement which is a big deal because protools 10 has system cache memory availability's much like cubase making your session running on memory instead of you hard drive making the pc in are world ultimately faster. So don't argue facts without stating your evidence.

You're SN is Mattydeath. Your argument is null and void.

I will state the obvious here. Specs on paper < Actual performance in the real world.

to each his own i guess, i prefer macs, i know theres tons of people that prefer windows, I'm on a macbook pro that i bought in 09 and i still love it, i also made a Hackintosh for PCI ports and storage/speed. i used to be a PC guy but once i started recording i had a lot of issues with windows.

Cloning joeys gear isn't going to make you better in any way, give joey your current gear, he'll still kick your ass production/mixing wise, its the work you put in.

they are both really great tools in the world of audio production. if you are an audio engineer ...and by now you don't have (or use) both windows and osx machines (in some fashion) you can go suck on a doorknob.

it's not a question of which platform is better or faster (because they are both pc's and they are both fast and they both use third party materials)... it's a question of which one gets the job done in the best capacity for your particular situation.

I will state the obvious here. Specs on paper < Actual performance in the real world.

i had a brand new quad core 2.7 pc with 4 gigs ram, switched to a 2.53 dual core mac with 4 gigs, workflow = 100x better.

just you know, stating the facts. :lol:

and get I stated ram specs on a pc versus a mac wich is a almost a 2/3 speed improvement which is a big deal because protools 10 has system cache memory availability's much like cubase making your session running on memory instead of you hard drive making the pc in are world ultimately faster. So don't argue facts without stating your evidence.

a) Disk Caching is only available to Pro Tools 10 HD and Pro Tools 10 with Complete Production Toolkit. I'm not shelling out $1.8k extra for the CPT or $10k for the HD rig just to be able to use it.
b) Pro Tools is still 32bit, thus only allows you to use 4GB of memory for the program, making having 16GB of ram unnecessary, so until we get to Pro Tools 11 or 12 or whatever will be 64-bit, having more than 6 or 8 GB ram is pretty unnessecary.
c) You should understand what the TDWP guys said... Joey didn't start over, he converted the Pro Tools sessions to Cubase
d) After I switched from PC to Mac after using PC's for a good 16 years, after the first months learning curve time I wondered why the fuck I didn't switch earlier. It's not so much about OSX vs Windows performance that I worry about, but about everything else, like not to have to worry about viruses and stuff etc.
e) Your SN is Mattydeath, thus your argument null and void.

My SN is an abbreviation of my first and last name my real name is Matt Deatherage. I have an ID to take pictures of to prove this. and for everyones info I work on a mac based system now. so I'm not arguing mac vs pc I'm arguing when you actually cut to the facts a pc can be and most likely will always be faster. Do to a non proprietary software and hardware.

Joey said it on this UM, FB and Twitter that he had to do synths and VIs in Cubase because his PT rig couldnt handle it.
The album was still done in PT just like the Plea CD.

Honestly, I dont know you, I really dont feel the need to prove myself to someone the community doesnt know and someone who has 19 posts and a handful of them are in this thread arguing with other respected members. Just being completely open and honest.

when you actually cut to the facts a pc can be and most likely will always be faster.

a drag race-car is much faster than any production vehicle on the consumer automobile market ...but if you ever bought one you really wouldn't drive it to get groceries. :err:

you my not be arguing anything ...but whatever you are saying isn't exactly compelling enough to warrant the resurrection of a thread that was last commented on more than 5 months ago. :loco:

so, okay... i'll play along! :rolleyes:

wow! you're right! some custom built windows machines are waaaay faster than any retail conglomerate product like dell or apple! :Smug:

...see? that really doesn't get us anywhere. :erk:

however this might be worth taking a good look at.

Joey said it on this UM, FB and Twitter that he had to do synths and VIs in Cubase because his PT rig couldnt handle it.
The album was still done in PT just like the Plea CD.

Honestly, I dont know you, I really dont feel the need to prove myself to someone the community doesnt know and someone who has 19 posts and a handful of them are in this thread arguing with other respected members. Just being completely open and honest.

As I did not start an argument I just posted factual evidence from real world experience. All i have seen on ultimate metal is more people infatuated with trolling on people than rather discussing great ideas and new innovation in the audio engineering field but every page is more trolling then there should be. And i have no need to gain a stance in your little community i get on here to look at see how to trouble shoot problems and learn how try new things. but no you people would rather not communicate logically but rather be ignorant to someone speaking apparently about something other than audio engineering that he is most likely more skilled then you in. you guys don't know who i am so how can you measure how much i am worth with just what you guys have seen here. I'm speaking in a logical stance i have ran multiple systems with multiple DAW's i have real world testing experience and writing code and building computers i know how things work do to excessive tinkering and research if your obviously to high on your pedestal to realize you might be able to learn something from someone you never even herd of then maybe you are a god of mixing producing and recording but from what i see i don't know you either i do not own a cd with any of your names on them I own joeys cd's and love them there good mixes ill give someone i see in my eyes worthy of respect the respect they deserve but if your going to be irrational and not post constructively then why even post. I stated my evidence and I am very educated in technology. so thats my 2 cents on this whole thing.

How am I supposed to know anything about your knowledge when your statements that I have seen in this whole thread are "I am right, I am right, I know more than you, fight me."
Regardless if you're arguing or stating facts or whatever, it is coming off in a very negative way.

/trollface.jpg

Regardless if you're arguing or stating facts or whatever, it is coming off in a very negative way.

...bumping a necro-thread with total off topic, fighting against a guy (JeffTD) who actually does editing for Joey and ending up claiming/understanding with false data "Umm not true the devil wears prada say's in this interview that joey dropped and started over on his cubase system.", when in the interview they clearly said: "we actually did a record in pro tools, but then it kinda crapped out halfway thru the process because it couldn't handle virtual instruments very well when we got to the keyboards, so we re-converted everything back to nuendo/cubase and did the rest of it there". And the main point of the message Jeff wrote was not that was all or part of the Zombie EP done with a Mac-based PT rig, but "the computer really has nothing to do with anything but you being comfortable with the workflow and it being able to handle enough plugins/have low enough latency to do what you need to"

As I did not start an argument I just posted factual evidence from real world experience. All i have seen on ultimate metal is more people infatuated with trolling on people than rather discussing great ideas and new innovation in the audio engineering field but every page is more trolling then there should be. And i have no need to gain a stance in your little community i get on here to look at see how to trouble shoot problems and learn how try new things. but no you people would rather not communicate logically but rather be ignorant to someone speaking apparently about something other than audio engineering that he is most likely more skilled then you in. you guys don't know who i am so how can you measure how much i am worth with just what you guys have seen here. I'm speaking in a logical stance i have ran multiple systems with multiple DAW's i have real world testing experience and writing code and building computers i know how things work do to excessive tinkering and research if your obviously to high on your pedestal to realize you might be able to learn something from someone you never even herd of then maybe you are a god of mixing producing and recording but from what i see i don't know you either i do not own a cd with any of your names on them I own joeys cd's and love them there good mixes ill give someone i see in my eyes worthy of respect the respect they deserve but if your going to be irrational and not post constructively then why even post. I stated my evidence and I am very educated in technology. so thats my 2 cents on this whole thing.

:lol:

you go boy! :popcorn: