Joeys tones, anyone have them yet? or like them?

thanks, thats what i wanted to hear :)
but they sound great and might be good for a ''i NEED the sturgis guitar sound'' guitarist

"That Sturgis sound" probably (sadly for some) doesn't come from Podfarm, rather it comes from the bass/drums/vocals/mastering. Actually Joey said in an interview that his actual guitar tracks sound awful, but he just rules at mastering. Therefore, as Gujukal said, this will probably be a pretty big waste of money if your Podfarm tone already is decent. If it's not, tweak some days and it will be, it's not that hard, since Joey's chains are all over the interwebz.

"That Sturgis sound" probably (sadly for some) doesn't come from Podfarm, rather it comes from the bass/drums/vocals/mastering. Actually Joey said in an interview that his actual guitar tracks sound awful, but he just rules at mastering. Therefore, as Gujukal said, this will probably be a pretty big waste of money if your Podfarm tone already is decent. If it's not, tweak some days and it will be, it's not that hard, since Joey's chains are all over the interwebz.

i think his tones are pretty cool and i doubt he is "fixing" his mix during mastering. the biggest reason why it sounds good its because its well played or edited to sound super tight and aggresive.

i think his tones are pretty cool and i doubt he is "fixing" his mix during mastering. the biggest reason why it sounds good its because its well played or edited to sound super tight and aggresive.

Only quoting him. His exact words were something like "my guitars actually sounds awful by their own, I just rule at mastering".

But yes, the other factors (great instruments with tight edits and a good mix to support the guitar) obviously play a big role though.

My point was just, I strongly doubt these presets are something really special!

I remember that post I don't he said it sounded awful, I just think he mentioned (like he does all the time) that pod farm is not where the "magic" is. He always mentions that what comes after pod farm, (eq, limiting, editing, saturation) is what makes it sound like a sturgis guitar sound.

Put the point remains the same, those presets are not going to get you too far, and you provably shouldn't let people tell you what kind of guitar tone they want without hearing it in the mix... because guitars don't sound particularly awesome solo-ed.

Any of you guys bought his impulse pack yet? I think they sound pretty awesome, might be worth checking out