New chango stuff!

Really dig your mix jdolese, very Changoish ^^

Thanks man!! I really love your guitar tone, and that kick drum fits pretty well in that mix. only thing i'm having trouble with in your mix is the snare. Besides that dude its great. What are you using for your white noise sweeps??

EDIT: oh and here is a mix of mine using the WIM Toms, WIM Kick(blended with FOP kicks Sustain), and VR music groups snare. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/145907041/PTE/Acendance-01.mp3

Never tried chango samples, I've used SSD 3.5 FOR a while and only upgraded to 4.0 recently... and I'm totally stocked (soultone cymbals are beyond amazing) but I might try out some of their stuff. Any advice for first kit? how are the bass drops? anything special? they don't have examples for lots of their stuff so I feel iffy dishing out without knowing how good they are :/ also, I just bought Pro Tools 11 so I'm going to be broke for the foreseeable future :rofl:D

Never tried chango samples, I've used SSD 3.5 FOR a while and only upgraded to 4.0 recently... and I'm totally stocked (soultone cymbals are beyond amazing) but I might try out some of their stuff. Any advice for first kit? how are the bass drops? anything special? they don't have examples for lots of their stuff so I feel iffy dishing out without knowing how good they are :/ also, I just bought Pro Tools 11 so I'm going to be broke for the foreseeable future :rofl:D

Well there are no more of the original FOP kit, every things very raw and meant for different purposes compared to old stuff. and their samples are relatively cheap.

If you think the built-in cymbals in SSD4 are amazing, you should try some of Sturgis' packs or some of the other packs made by various forum members around here like Mick Maslowski at Zoinga - the SSD cymbals pale in comparison.

I bought the pod farm tones, they're cool because It's no post processing. Each tone is pretty much just ts - amp - cab, one or two have a gate in front. I like using them as a starting point for a lot of tones, but by themselves they aren't so usable.

Not gonna lie, a lot of these tones seem really weak on my monitors, like they'd need a LOT of processing to get them anywhere near usable. Naturally any tone takes tweaking to get it right but some of these seem really weak as starting points.

I feel like this idea of pre-created mix elements is just getting way to crazy. "Joey released pod tones? then I'll release more!" People need to grow through their own personal experience and struggle against a learning curve. Looking at mixed stems for better understanding of a professional mix, blending pre mixed samples with your own before trying to mix unprocessed samples, and figuring out a guideline for your pod chain are more than valid learning processes, but buying the fundamental bread-and-butter of your mix off bigcartel? not so much in my book. I might just be looking too much into it, it's been a long day :rofl:

I feel like this idea of pre-created mix elements is just getting way to crazy. "Joey released pod tones? then I'll release more!" People need to grow through their own personal experience and struggle against a learning curve. Looking at mixed stems for better understanding of a professional mix, blending pre mixed samples with your own before trying to mix unprocessed samples, and figuring out a guideline for your pod chain are more than valid learning processes, but buying the fundamental bread-and-butter of your mix off bigcartel? not so much in my book. I might just be looking too much into it, it's been a long day :rofl:

I completely agree with this, pre mixed drums ang guitar tones are getting way too much, i liked the idea of mixed enough likehe whole slate thing but processed and mix ready isnt giving anyone to to expand and learn for them selves how to mix to their taste. I dont want to say im dissapointed but, in a way yeah dude.

It's just so stupid that nowdays you can just buy the "chango sound" from the store. All the presets, drum samples and production effects etc. Cameron has been creating his unique sound for years and now anyone can mimic him for very little effort. If I were him, I would rather keep my signature sound to myself than sell it on the internet to get a little extra cash. And sorry, little off-topic!

My favorite guitar tone presets I bought is Chango's first POD preset pack, mainly because they are NOT mix ready. I like that, because they're just a good starting point with the amp and cab, and I edit them to how I like and EQ and such.

My favorite guitar tone presets I bought is Chango's first POD preset pack, mainly because they are NOT mix ready. I like that, because they're just a good starting point with the amp and cab, and I edit them to how I like and EQ and such.

Is it really worth paying for if its that simple patch? Maybe can be worth it if you're total new but there are tons of tutorials out there, "how to get the Sturgis/Chango tone" etc.

Just bought the Myka Relocate Kit and did something real fast with no processing or anything so you guys could get a accurate depiction of how it sounded literally 5 minutes after loading it.

https://soundcloud.com/elculoputos/chango-myka-relocate-kit
Really digging the sound of that actually (minus the kick, which sounds really weak)
What software did you use that with?
Cause I swear before change released all this new stuff, all you could use their stuff with was Kontakt 5 (not even the free sampler, had to be the full thing)

Really digging the sound of that actually (minus the kick, which sounds really weak)
Cause I swear before change released all this new stuff, all you could use their stuff with was Kontakt 5 (not even the free sampler, had to be the full thing)

yeah dude, Kontakt or WAV files.

I dont have kontakt yet. I started out with steven slate 3.5 ex so I have an upgrade to kontakt 5 but have yet to purchase it. But over christmas i upgraded to steven slate 4 and you can load custom .wav samples into there. It'll do for now, hopefully within the next few months when I have some extra $$$$ I can pick up kontakt.

Yes, but can you do randomizing hits in EXS24? YOu will probably experience the "machine gun" effect if you only use one sample per drum.
I don't believe you can, I haven't had much experience with the EXS24 sampler to be fair (I generally use my universities computer w/EzDrummer for drums)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but by the "machine gun" effect, do you mean the same snare/tom hit rinsed and repeated in a fill, so it just sounds a bit dull and repetitive (regardless of velocities etc.)

i upgraded to steven slate 4 and you can load custom .wav samples into there..

Just FYI, you can't drop a sample into SSD4 and expect it to work the same way as SSD - the VI will only load that one sample you drop in, and you cannot load any other kind of multisampled instrument so it's pretty much pointless unless you're going for an 80's electronic drum kit sound or something (the "soultone" cymbals included in SSD4 are so poor they're nigh-unusable and I would definitely recommend replacing them with other samples). Its easier and more worth the time to just make your own multisample instruments from within kontakt if you're trying to go down that route.