New chango stuff!

jdolese1226

Jun 12, 2013
Louisiana
How does everyone feel about the new things chango studios has put out? (Within the last few months) *NOT THE FOP KIT*

What do you guys think of the new drum samples, FX bundles, and guitar tones?

Only thing I don't like about that Fx stuff is that everyone will sound the same now. Especially the kids who are like "I know how to mix cause I have the Fop Kit, chango twango, Joeys tone!". Bu besides that, who ever is using this stuff like all of the new samples that aren't processed and stuff.

Like many of the cymbal samples but his snares mostly sounds like barf. His FX samples are pretty intresting though, anyone that have bought'em?

Yeah I got the FX pack (The old one), FOP1 and WIM processed kit. The FX are cool, but nothing you couldn't do yourself in 5 minutes. I was really hoping to get that huge snare crack he uses during breakdowns but the hit in the pack wasn't much chop.

Yeah I got the FX pack (The old one), FOP1 and WIM processed kit. The FX are cool, but nothing you couldn't do yourself in 5 minutes. I was really hoping to get that huge snare crack he uses during breakdowns but the hit in the pack wasn't much chop.

AHH! you should check out the new one they put out like 3 days ago. it's a bit more complex. i havent gotten it but the samples nice

Ok, his new FX pack for 29$ seems to be more advanced and it includes over 100 samples. I think i gonna buy it, anyone knows if u get the files directly now, since he uses bigcartel.com? He was pretty slow on sending the files a while ago but he didn't use bigcartel then.

Bought the Cinematic FX Pack and i have to say that there are some cool atmospheric creepy background samples that i like. But there are like 30 samples of someone hitting different things, which sounds like something you could do yourself. He also sended a tambourine kontakt instrument with it, is that what he uses in his choruses? I've always thought that he used something like that but i wasn't sure if it was that or the cymbals that sounded a bit strange :p

I'm thinking of buying the Woe Is Me unprocessed kit, it only costs 20$ compared to 50$ for the exact same but processed one. I don't really care about the drums but cymbals sounds fucking awesome!

I'm thinking of buying the Woe Is Me unprocessed kit, it only costs 20$ compared to 50$ for the exact same but processed one. I don't really care about the drums but cymbals sounds fucking awesome!

The cymbals really are dude, like all of changos cymbals are great!
These are the chango samples I currently own and these area lost my favorite cymbals.

Chango Studios FOP kit (Kick, Snare, Floor and Rack Toms)
Chango Studios WIM unprocessed kit (Kick, Snare, Floor and Rack Toms) Cymz
Chango Studios Vintage kit (Kick, Snare, 2 Floor Toms, Rack Tom) Cymz
Chango Palisades Kit (Kick, Snare, Floor and Rack Toms)
Chango Fop II Kit (Kick, Snare, Floor and Rack Toms) Cymz

The crazy thing is everything I bought, I got before they lowered the price.
(WIM unprocessed was like $45, vintage was $40, Fop II was $30) lol now they are like $0.50 :Smug:

Hehe i feel ya bro, i bought the unprocessed WIM kit and I've started to mixing it. I really dig everything except the snare, do you have any idea how to get a thicker sound from the snare?

Hehe i feel ya bro, i bought the unprocessed WIM kit and I've started to mixing it. I really dig everything except the snare, do you have any idea how to get a thicker sound from the snare?

To be honest, it's really hard with that snare surgical EQING is truly needed. I blended a snare before for a band using the direct mic, the room, joeys black and gold and 10% Fop snare. Here is that snare in one of my mixes!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/145907041/Contingency Few Fixes.mp3