John Bush is back!!!!

Not that it's any of my business but I too don't understand what anthrax is going to do a business model - minimal touring. And the fact of sheer momentum. Okay no more Harpo's type gigs. But what does that really mean? And do they get day jobs? Where's the sustainability in minimal touring?

I doubt they'd have to get regular day jobs. I'm sure Scott could make money just being Scott, on top of a lucrative poker career. Maybe journalism. Rob is a successful producer and engineer in his own right. Frankie could make more Law and Order cameos. I think Charlie could find something music or art related.

Then again, we don't truly know these guys. Though, Dave Lombardo got a 9 to 5 when he quit Slayer and Dee Snider answered telephones when Twisted Sister went south (of heaven). No more Harpo's means, "I should have joined Metallica when they asked me to sing!" I kid! I kid! This is fucking awesome news! My all-time favorite singer back with my all-time favorite band!

they can afford 8 years between every album they are not hard up for cash,they could easily do festivals every year,there all at diff times of year across the world.

And if they were offered the support slot for Slipknot - who knows, they might get offered another great opening gig like that. Or maybe someone actually will put the big 4 tour together (doubtful but ya never know - Kirk Hammett is the only one who flat out said it won't happen - and he's probably just pissed becuase Mustaine always badmouths him even though he's never said a bad word about Mustaine LOL).

As a parent I can understand the value of family and making them a priority. Being apart from your kids for a long time sucks, they are only young once. I think it will all work out. Making great music is the focus right now, without that you become a dinosaur. Anthrax need Bush as do most of us fans. Ive got a feeling this next record is going to be something classic. Hopefully its not the last for Bush...

Looks like bush won't be doing anything until the Saint album is done.

Yeah but the Saint album will be done next month, they won't take long tracking it - and it was written and demoed a long time ago, it's just a matter of recording it. Saint's going to be very part time too so I don't see a whole lot of touring going on with them - it's a sideproject for all involved. I don't see it interfering too much. Vocals for Anthrax, if he agrees to do it, could be done during downtime anytime he wants. I'm sure Rob could even probably take some equipment to John's HOUSE and track vocals if they wanted to.

Yeah but the Saint album will be done next month, they won't take long tracking it - and it was written and demoed a long time ago, it's just a matter of recording it. Saint's going to be very part time too so I don't see a whole lot of touring going on with them - it's a sideproject for all involved. I don't see it interfering too much. Vocals for Anthrax, if he agrees to do it, could be done during downtime anytime he wants. I'm sure Rob could even probably take some equipment to John's HOUSE and track vocals if they wanted to.

yup

I'm fucking loving this. I used to be a big Joey-era fan, but when I finally got off my ass & listened to Stomp 442 & Vol. 8 I started to come around. Now I'm more of a Bush-era guy. (why is Stomp so maligned? So many of those songs fucking rule! I've always liked Tester)

As for the Armored Saint album, I see it as a win-win. So we get the new Armored Saint disc first, and then the Anthrax! Two awesome albums! Where's the problem in that?

Plus, with John back in Anthrax, maybe Joey Vera can finally get together with Ray, Jim & Frank and finally record the follow up to Fates Warning's "X" album. Now it becomes a WIN-WIN-WIN situation! (unless you don't like Fates, but then that's just too bad for you)

Either way, it looks like we might actually get a true follow-up to WCFYA. Finally!

That's what I'm most excited about! Was listening to WCFYA today full blast in the car, and what a great record!!!!! Not that we didn't know that already, but haven't listened to it in months and it kicked my arse all over again.

Got some love going for Any Place But Here right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great news!:headbang:

As regards touring, maybe Anthrax could follow the Ramones touring model. Have any of you guys read Monte Melnick's book, "On The Road with the Ramones"?

He says that they did "guerilla touring", where they would tour for maybe a month at a time, but would do so regularly throughout the year. He said that there were two reasons for this, one of which was that Johnny and Joey hated each other and weren't even on speaking terms (!), and the other was that after a number of albums, the band realised that they weren't ever going to be million selling megastars, but that they could make a full-time living as musicians by keeping going at the level they were at and touring in that way.

From what I remember of the Ramones' popularity level in the late 80s to mid 90s (i.e. pre-farewell tour), I'd say Anthrax are at least as popular, if not more so, and could do month-long bursts of touring in the US and Europe and also do summer festival gigs throughout the middle months of the year. A lot of the Euro festivals have a lot of the same bands on every year at mid-level on the bills, and Anthrax would be at the top end of that scale, at least in Europe.

They also have the bonus of more recent bands (eg slipknot, and yes I know it fell through) taking them out as support.

Glad to see some stability returning to the crew, although I have to admit it was Joey.

As far as playing Harpos type places, unfortunately that is the type of places they are going to be playing unless they hook up on a major tour, the Anthrax draw is not what it once was and until they put out a crushing well received album with good promotion behind it that is where they are going to remain playing

As far as what another poster said about them regarding going forward from the POT era--sure they moved forward, and came close to committing career suicide in the process, they went from a proven "business model" that was playing to major arenas and on a a major label to where they are today. Is it wrong what they did--firing Joey and going to an almost completely different direction? Its up to them to decide that but from a monetary point of view yes it was.

And I think John wont commit to a major touring schedule because he knows that for the most part the glory days are now gone, and he wont become rich of this gig or even A.S full time, and why separate himself from his family and friends when at the end of the day the payout at the end of the road is minimal

Sound of White Noise is one of the best metal records hands down. Anthrax were fucked by there label, it had nothing to do with firing Joey.John was a Better fit for the time and still is the best guy for the job.The chemistry this band has is electric!! The guys in the band Know his deal and they still want the guy back.I think the change will make for a healthier existence for the band. Anthrax need momentum , if this new record came out six months after G.O.T.E. The response would have been killer. Anthrax cannot put this record out and wait 4,5,6 years between records...thats career suicide. Char bury us in Noise.

Not to mention, when Anthrax made the singer switch, aside from Metallica, ALL metal bands were selling less and less records. The only band aside from Metallica that did well in the mid to late 90s was Pantera and to a small extent Megadeth. Even Slayer's sales were in the gutter, and that would have happened with Anthrax whether they had Joey or John.

I am a late-comer when it comes to discovering Anthrax - I always knew OF them, but I didnt know much about them at all - I remembered that my cousin had one of their albums and that they had done a rap song, and because of that, I honestly never bothered to check them out. Then I saw them on that Maximum Rock pay per view and was amazed. Downloaded some stuff and hated Joey's voice from the get-go, so I knew to check out the John stuff first.

Ive been an Anthrax fan since Among the Living. I didn't like the whole Bermuda shorts euphoria cartoonish shit.It became kind of silly to me and I lost interest. When they hired John Bush I was blown away by how complete the song structure was,it was like finding the missing piece to the puzzle.Ive been die hard since then.I 'll be throwing a listening party for the new record ...cant wait !!!!!