John Bush vocals on a Six Feet Under track

nafnikufesin

N.F.F.
Dec 6, 2001
In a Zone
amandababypics.tripod.com
Not sure how many were aware, but I happened to hear a tune with John singing that I hadn't heard before. The song is Blackout from Six Feet Under's 2000 album "Graveyard Classics". Not a bad tune, and its always cool to hear John, but you have to put up with him singing a duet with a Cookie Monster impersonator. :loco:

FYI

So do I, and the "cookie monster" tagline grew weary in 1998.
so did that vocal style. i waiting for people to re-discover what a melody line is. even a small one. maybe i'm turning into the old guy but, i watched uranium the other night and i couldn't tell half the bands apart.

I look at that vocal style as more of joke then anything else. I mean, even for Death Metal that is bad. It's just too monotone for me. No fluxuation in pitch at all.

Bands like Death, Withering Surface, and a billion others are all considered "Death Metal" and there is a lot of melody going on.

Anyway who did that song originaly, I thought it was the Scorpions but I guess I'm wrong. Cool to hear John on it - although he was sounding kinda haggared too. Maybe he had a cold or some shit. I've noticed the rasp has undergone a lot of changes since SOWN.

Sorry for the rant, long story short, cool song.

Thrillho said:
I look at that vocal style as more of joke then anything else. I mean, even for Death Metal that is bad. It's just too monotone for me. No fluxuation in pitch at all.

Bands like Death, Withering Surface, and a billion others are all considered "Death Metal" and there is a lot of melody going on.

Anyway who did that song originaly, I thought it was the Scorpions but I guess I'm wrong. Cool to hear John on it - although he was sounding kinda haggared too. Maybe he had a cold or some shit. I've noticed the rasp has undergone a lot of changes since SOWN.

It was the Scorpions

The new SFU Album is great, My favorite song is Shadow Of The Reaper, There seems to have awlays been a war between thrash metal fans with death metal fans, My friends who listen to nothing but death metal totially hate the fact that I love thrash, and the friends I have who only listen to thrash littlerly hate death. Some death metal bands do suck ASS, Simply because they don't use lyrics and just growl, i hate that myself (The band called "Fuck I'm Dead" From Austraila is total garbage) But I like the good bands like Necrophagia, Morbid Angel, Obituary, Cannibal Corpse, Behemoth, Hate Eternal, They really put effort to the music, And as a drummer I know your legs have to be made of steel to do the double-bass through a whole show. But seeing I grew up with thrash I do prefer it over death, As when i'm pissed off I will blast some death metal or black metal.

Thrillho said:
Ok, but more importantly, where can I buy a pair of those EVH sneakers?

Dude, Converse don't make them anymore...and even if they did, I would've bought all of them!!!

I heard that many VH-fans have painted their own Frankenshoes. All you need is
a pair of red All Stars and some paint and a good drawing hand, I guess.

John Bush singing with Chris Barnes?.... I feel sorry for John for stooping so low...did he need the money that bad?

John Bush can sing. Chris only dreams of being able to sing.

karrokid said:
so did that vocal style. i waiting for people to re-discover what a melody line is. even a small one. maybe i'm turning into the old guy but, i watched uranium the other night and i couldn't tell half the bands apart.

I am right there with you. It all just sounds the same to me. Anyone that has said John Bush is good but nothing special should go liesten that shit for a day and you will see just how incredible he is.

Thrillho said:

Yeah to me John Bush just gets better and better with age. From the higher pitch early Saint through to todays raspy growl......