Johnny Sandin leaves Seventh Wonder

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndreasBlomqvist

Mr. Bassman
Apr 19, 2008
www.seventhwonder.nu
Below is a message from Johnny in connection to him announcing his departure from the band. Please note that this will have no effect on already scheduled gigs, in which Johnny is 100% devoted to participating.

Hello fans and friends!!

After more than 10 years of touring, recording, tons of laughter and a few tears I have decided to leave Seventh Wonder and take a break from music indefinitely.

The last few years have been hectic and filled with really cool events. The Italy-tour which was put together by the band's best friends Max, Romano and Manuel. The Sweden Rock gig is also one of the memories I will never let go of. Not to mention the upcoming ProgPower USA-gig which is a dream for all of us. I view the release of the fourth SW album and the gigs to follow as a really good finish for me in the band!! Now I will get a chance to say goodbye to fans and friends when we are out playing.

It is damned hard (although mostly fun) to put your entire soul into Seventh Wonder and at the same time work full time and also try to be a good father of four (soon five) and an equally good fiancé. It may sound selfish but I am doing this entirely for me. The more time I devote to the band, the more I loose time with my family. It is not worth that effort any more. I must make different prioritizations right now but at the same time nothing is ever really etched in stone. Who knows, in five years time I may have the drive once more. We will see what happens.

I have had the honor of playing with the finest musicians I have ever met. They have not only been there for me as band members but also as my best friends and I know that they will always be there for me.

Thank you to fans, friends and the band for 10 wonderful years.

//Johnny Sandin

We are all very saddened by Johnny’s decision. We have lived with Johnny in one of the most important aspects of our lives for many years, some of us for over 10 years. At the same time we feel the utmost respect for Johnny’s decision which we believe to be a correct one for him. Since the first trembling steps of the entity that came to be Seventh Wonder, Johnny has been an integral part of the sound that is Seventh Wonder. Johnny co-wrote a lot of the earlier material and his rhythmic patterns, thunderous fills and poly-rhythmic excursions that he contributes to the music have challenged fans as well as his band members throughout this incredible journey. Johnny is the craziest man alive and has given many thousand laughs and hilarious moments to everyone around him.

As you can understand it is very hard for us to think of Seventh Wonder without Johnny, but at the same time we are all, including Johnny, fully committed to carry on and keep doing what we have come to love and hold so dear over the years. This certainly ends one chapter in the Seventh Wonder book of history, let us together turn the page and see what the future holds as we let Johnny go towards other challenges.

We love you Johnny and we wouldn’t have become who we are with out you!

[edit]
This thread is locked, since I want to keep discussions and speculations out of it. Feel free to discuss and ask questions in the non-sticky part of the forum
//Andreas

Status
Not open for further replies.