How did you discover Seventh Wonder?

Is the first album worth getting for something other than just completing the collection to date?

I can't really judge for you but I'll say that I've never got it even though I've considered it many times. Pro: one of my favourite bands so the music will still be great, con: I don't know when I'd ever really want to listen to it when I have the option of listening to WITW onwards, and it will ruin what I've got right now where every Seventh Wonder song on my library is amazing. The stuff still sounds good but not on the same level as their stuff with Tommy so it wouldn't really feel like Seventh Wonder to me..

Great to see some new names again. Welcome, Monafam and donKyle!

Check it out and decide for yourself by listening to the compilation-promo of 'Become' (the first 17 seconds should sound familiar though :D, a little mistake from the person who uploaded the video):

QUOTE]

Thanks! I'm looking forward to being a part of the forum.

Also, thank you for the youtube link. I plan on checking it out when I get home and I bet I end up getting it in the end! :)

I first heard SW through a friend(actually,Islandstone on this forum), and I'm really grateful for that (he also showed me the greatnes of bands like Symphony X and blind guardian)!! the first song I heard was 'one last goodbye' and after hearing a masterpiece like that I needed to hear more, so I listened to the rest of that album and it was a unbeliveable! and then to my joy 'the great escape' came on the marked! that cd is gold!!

I like the first album quite well actually, though I feel that the vocalist is drauning in the instrumentals;makes me missing tommy! but I think that the instrumentals is amazing already in that album.

:wave: , crazy_girl89: welcome!

..... 'one last goodbye' and after hearing a masterpiece like that I needed to hear more, so I listened to the rest of that album and it was a unbeliveable! and then to my joy 'the great escape' came on the marked! that cd is gold!!

I like the first album quite well actually, though I feel that the vocalist is drauning in the instrumentals;makes me missing tommy! but I think that the instrumentals is amazing already in that album.

All true indeed :).
Regarding the first album: musically/instrumental wise, 'Become' showed the incredible potential SW had at that point, 'WITW' was the album that hit 100% on all accounts though (IMO)!!

All true indeed :).
Regarding the first album: musically/instrumental wise, 'Become' showed the incredible potential SW had at that point, 'WITW' was the album that hit 100% on all accounts though (IMO)!!

when you put it like that, I agree but I think that what I love about this album is that you can hear that its SW. when someone plays a SW song I can hear that its SW and the same goes for the first album.

Through my metal-loving hubbie. It´s been a transition over time. Now I just can´t get enough! Amazing music and talanted musicians. Love it!

After hearing Tommy's incredible renditions of various Kamelot songs on YouTube, I just had to check out the band he hailed from. At first I was a die-hard "Tommylot" supporter, but of course this was before discovering Seventh Wonder...oh how my opinion has changed! I am now a die-hard Seventh Wonder fan, ranking them among my favorites. I've actually been able to spread the love to at least 4 other friends here in California ;) I wish the band a long and prosperous career (and growth enough to warrant a U.S. tour!!!!).

And WOW is The Great Escape an incredible song. 25 listens in five days...I've never been more moved by a song...

Whether through a hubbie or the Kamelot-tour, it's very nice to see some new 'faces' again on the forum (Klara, r0ryb0ryalis: :wave: )!

After hearing Tommy's incredible renditions of various Kamelot songs on YouTube, I just had to check out the band he hailed from. At first I was a die-hard "Tommylot" supporter, but of course this was before discovering Seventh Wonder...oh how my opinion has changed! I am now a die-hard Seventh Wonder fan, ranking them among my favorites. I've actually been able to spread the love to at least 4 other friends here in California ;) I wish the band a long and prosperous career (and growth enough to warrant a U.S. tour!!!!).

And WOW is The Great Escape an incredible song. 25 listens in five days...I've never been more moved by a song...

This is exactly what I was hoping for (maybe even expecting a bit ;)). Tommy's voice and qualities certainly amazed a lot of people during that tour. It's fantastic to see that so many are checking out SW's music now and discover their new favorite band - keep spreading the word :kickass:!!

-Stumbled on to them via Wiki because I was looking Progressive Metal bands.
-Saw they made a concept album (I love concept albums :D )
-Check them out on youtube
-Fell in love, and never looked back.

-Stumbled on to them via Wiki because I was looking Progressive Metal bands.
-Saw they made a concept album (I love concept albums :D )
-Check them out on youtube
-Fell in love, and never looked back.

I know I posted already, but this and sndtrk2life's post are essentially where I was coming from as well. Listening to TGE again. I heard a negative review about Alley Cat, and I love this song. I actually get chills during the chorus, and love that neo-classical guitar solo.

I probably would have never found Seventh Wonder if Tommy Karevic hadn't been in the Kamelot European 2011 tour. The various YouTube videos with his versions of Center of the Universe and Eden Echo convinced me that I should look up his band. This was just a couple months ago, and I now own all four Seventh Wonder cds. I am becoming obsessed, I fear. The Great Escape is my favorite album of the four, but they are all fantastic (I even like Become, although I enjoy Tommy's singing more). I look forward to their next album with great anticipation, but I don't mind waiting awhile. Their dedication to getting it right is admirable. Just finished listening to the Andreas Blomqvist interview podcast by Alyson, and I am feeling even more rabid than before. I hope I can see them perform in person someday.

I discovered Seventh Wonder through Spotify after Last.fm recommended them as similar to Symphony X. Actually what triggered the whole thing was Century Media pulling their artists from Spotify, maybe two weeks after i had discovered Symphony X. So because I listen to music exclusively through Spotify i went to Last.fm to find similar music.
And what a match Seventh Wonder is. I have NEVER had a band be such an immediate favourite of mine. Last.fm listening stats says that I have I have now listened to 450 tracks from Seventh Wonder since I started listening 4 weeks ago. I have listened to The Great Escape (the song) 20 times in 4 weeks. Thats 10 hours listening to one song! :)

Not only is Seventh Wonder now maybe MY absolute favourite band, but I have managed to get many others to start listening to them too. I have NEVER gotten so much good feedback after recommending Seventh Wonder through Facebook/Spotify. At least one of the people I have recommended them to listens to them as much as I do (according to his Last.fm stats).

I really hope I get to see Seventh Wonder live in the (near) future!

By the way. I am not using Spotify to get music for free, but because of conveniance, sharing, discovery and portability. I pay for two Spotify Premium subscriptions (for me and my wife), and in a few months I will add a subscription for my kids too. :)

Nice story, floftheim!
450 tracks in 4 weeks: it looks like you're addicted to the good stuff :headbang: !!

About seeing them live: I'm sure you will, just be patient (or travel a bit ;) )!

Great that you found them that way, I also discovered them when looking for stuff similar to Symphony X, although it took a lot longer for them to become such a favourite of mine. But after one full listen of Mercy Falls it was done.

And I understand how you could have listened to them that much - I only got my current iPod last year so most of the stuff with most plays is from 2010 (or stuff I was really into in 2010), and months ago when I checked Move On Through was #1 with The Great Escape not far behind, with well over a hundred plays... never gets old, one of my favourite songs of all time.

I discovered Seventh Wonder through one of my buddies about 1 year ago, Its kinda funny because my brother often played up "Welcome To Mercy Falls" and "A Day Away" earlier that year when I visited him but it seemed like my mind and spirit could not see the greatness in those songs at the moment. One night I went to one of my friends to watch some films but just when I had gotten inside I heard "Unbreakable" playing through his speakers and I was hooked. When I got home I ordered Mercy Falls. When I got the album I played it like 2,5 times in a row and it was soo good! Everyday since that day have I been listening to Seventh Wonder. I still do. Also, The Great Escape is amazing and it has... ah you'll get the picture! ;)
Lookin' forward to the next album!

A friend of mine was listening to "The Edge of My Blade" on Epic Rock Radio and told me how great the song was. So I went to Epic Rock Radio and gave it a listen and that is when my love for SW started. Boy am I thankful for that day.

One day, my boyfriend linked the video of "Alley Cat" to me (funny thing is, he doesn't know how he found it, he didn't know the band before). First I was flashed, then I thought that the singer and the guitarist showed off their skills too much, and now I just find them really really good :)
At the moment I only know The Great Escape and Mercy Falls, maybe I'll start listening to Waiting in the Wings later. In the promo of Become, I was missing Tommy's singing (which might be what really got me addicted to the band), so I think I won't enjoy it as much.