Great artists similar to Seventh Wonder?

This band isn't quite like Seventh Wonder, but if you like the melodic, metal aspect of Seventh Wonder then you'll love this:

Amazing album from more than a decade ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I'm new here, but saw this old thread and saw this band wasn't mentioned; just found them a few weeks back.

Last edited by a moderator:
DWOT is a great album and is highly regarded among SX albums, but I just want to say I don't think the percentage would be anywhere near that high - few bands would have one album command 90% when it comes to people's favourites. In fact I'd say I see V considered their best more often than DWOT - and that doesn't even include the many people who favour the newer albums over the old ones.

Does anyone else find that they very rarely discover a band that they really like? I've tried out a lot of the bands being recommended here and I like quite a few of them but I just find that even though I might try something out and think it sounds quite good, it's very rare that I find something I actually want to come back to or keep listening to over and over like I do with my current or permanent favourites. I might listen to something and think it sounds good but never come back to it, or listen to an album a few times after I get it but then rarely ever go back to it later. Seventh Wonder is one of the last bands I actually discovered that really made it into my permanent rotation as a band I frequently go back and listen to, and it's been two years since I first heard them.

Yes, I have the same experience. It's like my repertoire is already pretty much 'set', and everything else is just something I enjoy briefly before returning to the stuff I really like :loco:

As for Symphony X, I think The Odyssey deserves to be mentioned :headbang:

hey guys check Quandary from Brisbane (Australia). Unfortunately they disbanded in 2011
The album is free for downloading, i like it a lot. Close to Dimension Act, even better IMHO.

http://quandaryband.com/