Johnny Tempesta on new Testament album!

SlayerNPG

Feb 15, 2002
Malden, MA
Visit site
Don't know if you guys saw on Blabbermouth, but Johnny did a chat a few days ago and here was one of the questions:

zombiehanson

What projects are you working on now?

JT:
I'm going to start working with Testament on their new record.

That's fucking awesome, I'm still trying not to get my hopes up too much though. It could be he's teaching Louie how to play the new songs like he did on the reunion tour or some shit like that, or maybe they're splitting the drum tracks like on the dvd, who knows? Anyway that's awesome news. At least they're getting ready to do something and if Johnny is playing drums it can only be sick.

And why exactly isn't Stevie D on the new album? That's really what I'm upset about.

I read somewhere they'll probably share the duties on the new album, which is fine with me as long as that doesn't result in the album being incoherent so to say. But two completely different drumming styles put together on one record might make it even more interesting.

Yeah even if they share duties thats cool by me. Louie isn't bad playing songs like The New Order where all he has to do is kick snare, but I want some heavy agressive songs like Dog Faced Gods and DNR which Louie could never play, looks like that will happen. There must be some good, fast, complex stuff, why else would they get Johnny to play.

That's wicked news, seems like the next record will begin recording some time early next year, based on this, the live in london dvd interviews with chuck and eric, and alex's touring schedule :D

I think what may be happening here is, Tempesta may actually be jamming with them in the writing stages, then Louie can come in for the recording. Malevolent Creation have done that for quite a few years, they rehearse their albums with Justin DiPinto (Currently in Pyrexia), as Dave Culross stays in a different area from them. When they're ready to record, they send Dave the demo's a month before they hit the studio, and then get together to record.

If Tempesta records with Testament, I agree it would be awesome, but I'm hoping Louie will be into it. Perhaps, it would work out for the best if Tempesta rehearses with them now... that way Louie can get tore into his back catalogue and get up to speed on his vibe again, then when it comes time to record the album - he'll just explode...

I'm glad that Louie kicked ass on that tour, because the last time I was on this site in the forum (many years ago) everybody slammed Louie saying that he sucked, blah, blah, blah. For a guy to drum after 13 years & sound even better than before (& I mean a LOT BETTER!) I think he deserves a LOT of DESERVED credit! Great job Louie!

coolsnow7 said:
And why exactly isn't Stevie D on the new album? That's really what I'm upset about.
He's actually recording with Sebastian Bach right now. Seems like a strange choice to me, but looking at the rest of the band he has it looks like it will likely be a heavy band and Steve should feel right at home. He has Metal Mike and Bobby Jarzombek on board as well.