Jolly - The Audio Guide to Happiness

Thanks for the heads up....."saved for later"!

Same here.

A couple of interesting notes...

They got it listed as "Alternative/Punk" and styled "Commercial Alternative, Alternative, Indie Rock" Don't they have "progressive rock/progressive metal" as a style?

Also, I see it is listed as "Pt 1". Does that mean there will be a forthcoming "Pt 2" in the future?

FYI, Jolly will be playing a very special show this Sunday, May 29 in Pleasantville, NY at Lucy's Lounge. Hope to see some of you there! :)

Hey guys.

This is Joe Reilly of JOLLY.
:err: What! That money I gave you was for college tuition. Not to start a band! :lol::lol:
JK, my son's name is Joe Reilly too.

New to the forum..really appreciate some of the kind words I read in this thread. I wanted to let you all know that we're giving away a couple of songs from "Audio Guide" for free download ("The Pattern" and "Joy"). Visit www.jollyband.com/promo and enter the promocode: ULTIMATE

I was hoping you guys could help pass this along to let more people out there know about JOLLY. And of course if you don't have it, download it yourself! Appreciate all the help I could get. Nice to meet you all!

Thanks for the free downloads. Love the tunes, especially "The Pattern". Just bought the whole deal off iTunes. I'll be sure to spread the word.

Totally, bummed I missed the the show last night. Was on a pub crawl in the Village and would have been better off seeing Jolly. :p Not only that, I'll be in Seattle during the next NYC show. grrrr. Hopefully, I can try to catch one of the others.

So, definitely an unique and interesting Jolly experience this past Sunday. They were playing at this small, but decent bar in Pleasantville, NY, at an Autism Awareness benefit show. The band was super tight, but right on the second song, Anadale's guitar had a string casualty (damn floyd rose), and as they had no backup instrument, they had to go through their entire set with no guitar (only bass, drums, keys and vocals). Long story short, Jolly played pretty much an entire "acoustic" set. Surprisingly (or not), the band sounded great even without the edge. I will make sure to post a clip or two of this, as it's worth seeing! :)

(not to mention, how awesome was it to see a track or two off The Audio Guide part II !! ;) )

lol how many people were there?

Throughout the night, I'd say an average of 100 people? Too bad Jolly went on last (and really late due to a horrible opening band going over their time), and the room had cleared out by then. I'd say at least 30 but no more than 50 or so stayed until the end of their set.

I continue to be amazed at how often this occurs in a live setting. I mean, you can't bring along the $59 Sears special "just in case"? Every guitarist should be allowed this mistake once, but only once...

I hear you... considering it was a small show though, I didn't think they actually thought it would be an issue. It's the first time they go through that, and I am pretty sure they learned from the mistake. :lol:

Throughout the night, I'd say an average of 100 people? Too bad Jolly went on last (and really late due to a horrible opening band going over their time), and the room had cleared out by then. I'd say at least 30 but no more than 50 or so stayed until the end of their set.

thats a shame. Was it "their" show? or just like a local type deal?