Jolly - The Audio Guide to Happiness

I continue to be amazed at how often this occurs in a live setting. I mean, you can't bring along the $59 Sears special "just in case"? Every guitarist should be allowed this mistake once, but only once...

Anadale almost always brings a back-up guitar. I think this was his second time taking the risk of not having it. Probably the last time too.

We took the show in a laxed way because it wasn't our own, we were asked to play just a couple of weeks before the event, and we knew that there was going to be some disconnect between the bands.

It's funny because when the other acts were playing, we were considering toning our set down because we knew we'd blow the walls off the place. One band was a pretty boring blues rock band, and the other was a folky female fronted group. We made the executive decision to play full blast, but as Milton said, after two songs, we were forced to chill it out anyway. As the keyboardist it was interesting for me; I had to make a 180 in what I was playing for most of the songs. I had to compensate for our lack of an extra melody machine.

:
Thanks for the free downloads. Love the tunes, especially "The Pattern". Just bought the whole deal off iTunes. I'll be sure to spread the word.

Totally, bummed I missed the the show last night. Was on a pub crawl in the Village and would have been better off seeing Jolly. :p Not only that, I'll be in Seattle during the next NYC show. grrrr. Hopefully, I can try to catch one of the others.

Nice to meet you Anne, glad to hear you were responsible for bringing another Joe Reilly into the world. The more the better.

Glad you liked the music and I hope you enjoy the full album. This past show was one worth missing, so Village bar crawl was probably worth it. We'll book plenty more this summer, can't wait to meet you at one!

Nice to meet you Anne, glad to hear you were responsible for bringing another Joe Reilly into the world. The more the better.

Glad you liked the music and I hope you enjoy the full album. This past show was one worth missing, so Village bar crawl was probably worth it. We'll book plenty more this summer, can't wait to meet you at one!

Sweet! Really want to catch one of your gigs this summer. Hmmm, maybe The Starland Ballroom or The Stone Pony in Jersey? :D Lots of folks down here for the summer would be willing to check out some new music. (Thankfully, Snookie is in Europe. :guh: )

No! You got me all wrong! If anything you were the reason to come to the last show.

But, just a guess, I think that Anne would prefer to hear a full-blown, hard-hitting JOLLY spectacle than the Elton John versions of the songs we played the other night!

Haha... just like I will see in Nyack in a few weeks. I'll have the extra guitars and strings in the car just in case! ;)

Almost feel guilty having dl'd it from iTunes for only $9.99. The musical satisfaction it's bringing me is priceless.

Hey everyone,

Just thought I'd let you know that we posted a new acoustic video for "Radiae" from "The Audio Guide To Happiness (Part 1)." Also we should be releasing our first standard music video for the album sometime next week. Anyway, here it is!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, cool video. I like the use of red accent to the black and white theme. "Joy" is one of my favorite songs. Looking forward to seeing it live in Brooklyn. (and you better play "The Pattern" or I'll be miffed.:D ) Bringing merch?