Jon Oliva NEXT MONTH !!!!

carnut

\m/
Apr 29, 2004
Helgium
Well, I didn't expect JO's Pain to come back to Europe THAT quick !!!
They do 2 gigs in Holland and hell will I be there :hotjump:

Well, next month was yesterday !!!
Me and my buddy Luc went to Holland to see Jon Oliva's Pain again. Was only a few months ago since we saw them in Belgium, but no problem, if they were in any way as good it was well worth seeing them again!
And hell it was !! The band plays a blend of old Savatage songs and some new JOP stuff...I am a stupid ass when it comes to setlists, but there were some different songs and instrumental parts there. The twin guitar wall of Jerry Outlaw / Matt LaPorte is simply amazing. Both are very talented guitar players and they showed off in a long instrumental part.
Jon's voice was very good (huh, I wouldn't bet on mine on a monday evening ...) . there's so much power in there. He also is an instant show guy, he walks on stage and you know somethings gonna happen... I keep on telling ; if you haven't seen Jon Oliva's Pain and you got the chance, grab it !!! You won't be disappointed. Best live band I've seen around !!

picked up a setlist somewhere ...

1.New York City
2.Jesus Saves
3.All the Time
4.Gutter Ballet
5.Hounds
6.Tonite He Grins
7.Strange Reality
8.Ghost in Ruins
9.The Dark
10.People Say
11.Believe
12.City Beneath
13.Sirens
14.Power of the Nite
15.Hall of the Mountain King

and some pics :
735%20043.jpg

735%20025.jpg

735%20033.jpg

DSC03981k.jpg

DSC03983k.jpg

DSC03989k.jpg

Once again, I am sooo jealous! I'd love to see JOP, but so far they haven't come within 2000 miles of me...and I live in freakin' America. It's sad when an American can't go see his favorite American band because they spend all their time over in Europe touring.

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
Once again, I am sooo jealous! I'd love to see JOP, but so far they haven't come within 2000 miles of me...and I live in freakin' America. It's sad when an American can't go see his favorite American band because they spend all their time over in Europe touring.

Surely they must come in your area sometime...Well, I hope for you, becouse it's your fav US band and they really do deliver outstanding live quality !! Also a live album really should be a good idea...
Yeah, it's been said before, it's strange we get all the good stuff here in a very small area; both concerts of JOP in Belgium and Holland were in less than 1 houre driving distance...

shirt_front.jpg

carnut said:
Surely they must come in your area sometime...Well, I hope for you, becouse it's your fav US band and they really do deliver outstanding live quality !! Also a live album really should be a good idea...
Yeah, it's been said before, it's strange we get all the good stuff here in a very small area; both concerts of JOP in Belgium and Holland were in less than 1 houre driving distance...
Nope, they haven't done a west coast tour yet, so I've been left out. I talked with Kong (their drummer) and he said they need at least 15 dates to make the long journey profitable for them. They don't have that and so far there are no plans to hit the west coast (that I've heard anyway). The problem is everything is so spread out here on the old west...and with gas prices the way they are...tough to make a mini-tour profitable.

NP: Kamelot - Black Halo:headbang:

JonnyD said:
Goddamn! I gotta move to Belgium or Holland!! or both!
That's possible ... I know a house that has the borderline going straight through the living room...I'll ask if it's for sale ;)

carnut said:
picked up a setlist somewhere ...

1.New York City
2.Jesus Saves
3.All the Time
4.Gutter Ballet
5.Hounds
6.Tonite He Grins
7.Strange Reality
8.Ghost in Ruins
9.The Dark
10.People Say
11.Believe
12.City Beneath
13.Sirens
14.Power of the Nite
15.Hall of the Mountain King
Now that's an old-school Sava setlist ;) I wish I had seen Savatage play some of these songs again ("Hounds", "Strange Reality"...).