Jon Schaffer speaks!

9 minutes! But its an Iced Earth thread, so I had to say hello :D

I read this yesterday and I didnt like how he made out that everyone is expendable..... Matt is as much a part of the Iced Earth sound as the songwriting IMHO.

Though I guess Jons attitude is different after he has gone through 20 lineup changes or so.

The new album should be out around the end of the year, he was going to do Demons And Wizards stuff but Hansi is on tour so he is writing the new album now, I cant wait, but you knew id say that :D

Im really looking forward to the new Demons and Wizards album as well.... BUT, If Hansi even THINKS about bringing that choirywayoverthetoptotallyunheavyQueenshit Blind Guardian have been pulling lately into D&W ill hunt him down and drown him in a pool of his own urine. That is all :)

I hate Hansi, I hate Blind Gaurdian and I hate Demons & Wizards. :mad:

Blind Guardian used to rock, now they think they are Queen....... Demons And Wizards rules though, how come you dont like it Sydo?

Demons & Wizards is pretty much Iced Earth with Hansi singing, so I wouldn't be too worried.

Seriously, besides the vocals and the acoustic passages, how much Blind Guardian was in the first album? Pretty much none...

Originally posted by spawn
Demons And Wizards rules though, how come you dont like it Sydo?

I don't know. I got rid of the album a while back.
I may borrow it again some day and give it another good listen.

Just a question on Something Wicked..... In the credits it has that other guitarist listed as playing solos on all songs. Does that mean all solos, or just some? Does Jon not play solos?

Larry played them all, except for the one on Watching Over Me, that was the producer Jim Morris.
Jon does all the melody and rhythm bits and Larry just does the leads, though even those are also planned out by Jon I believe :D

Because they probably thought Jim had a better feel for the song I guess, I dont mind the solo, but im sure Larry could have come up with a good one anyway.....

Jim Morris' solo on Fiddler On The Green on D&W however is the stuff of genius :)

He thinks its guitar wanking :lol: He prefers rhythm and songwriting over soloing he has said.

He can actually do them pretty well, he just seems to prefer melodic interludes to full blown solos.