one thing Jon Schaffer really fucked

Blitzkrieg

Master Exploder
After listening to Horror Show the other day, it became apparent to me that Jon Schaffer made a big mistake by putting 'Ghost Of Freedom' on there. What the fuck was he thinking?? He HAD a similar song in Hollow Man underway that was much more appropriate, and he knew he was going to make a patriotic American war themed album, so why the fuck did he waste GOF on Horror Show, screw up the whole horror movies theme he had going, and then leave Hollow Man to go on to the Glorious Burden album. It is very obvious that those songs should be swapped, but it is too late now. I wonder if Schaffer realises this and shakes his head at it.

On that note, I am really looking forward to The Glorious Burden. Metal Mayhem got The Reckoning CD single in yesterday, and I rang to buy one over the phone but they sold out already. Bastards. I actually like the material I have heard from the album so far (though Hollow Man sounds too generic after other awesome similar songs like Melancholy, I Died For You and GOF). No it isn't as good as classic IE, and yes it is power metally, but it is still quite good once you get used to it, and still shits on most other pussy power metal around. That said, I still hope Barlow wants to come back one day, and they return to their thrashy roots.

Spawno, if you can be bothered, can you post a link to that new IE song you talked about in your journal? Cheers. :)

I got it on Kazzaa Blitzy, if you dont have Kazzaa let me know and ill upload it tomorrow morning, its really not worth the effort of downloading though, seriously. But if you wanna hear it, just let me know :) I havent got When The Eagle Cries yet, but im told its pretty generic too.

GOF could have been great had Jon not turned it into an "epic" like he always fucking does. Acoustic guitar, Matts voice, theres a brilliant song, that doesnt go overboard, that "Dont tread on me" bit at the end sounds silly. To me anyway. Its still good, but it could have been better had they not overproduced it. Having said that, I still think Horror Show is one of the best IE albums.

Hollow Man is generic and boring, its the same ballad he has already written 5 times... Valley Forge is the same. Jon wrote this album on autopilot. Unless the Civil War trilogy is the next Reign In Blood this is going to be the worst Iced Earth album.

Maybe he thinks that war is a horror theme as well. And on the last two albums he's had a war themed song. 'Ghost of Freedom' on Horror Show and '1776' on Something Wicked.....

Besides, he has said that 'Hollow Man' is too good a song to waste on Century Media, and that's why it didn't go on Horror Show.

damn right GOF is better than hollow man. I think GOF is a great song, and i don't have a problem with the 'don't tread on me' at the end.

The songs on the new single are alright, but nothing spectacular.

I think Ghost Of Freedom is boring. But then again I don't like Horror Show at all. Too much focus on the mood and themes and the musicianship that he forgot to write good songs.

Yeah I am thinking it will probably be the worst IE album as well, but I still think it will be good.

Regarding Hollow Man, Jon said in one interview that he had the music for the song, but just couldn't be bothered writing lyrics, and couldn't be bothered finishing it in time for HS. Lazy cunt.

I like Ghost Of Freedom. I think the 'Don't tread on me' bit could have tied in really well on The Glorious Burden album, with the lyrics to The Reckoning etc. I really think he wasted the song by putting it on HS, even though HS will probably turn out to be the better album.

Blitzkrieg said:
Yeah I am thinking it will probably be the worst IE album as well, but I still think it will be good.
This album will destroy Horror Show.

Red Baron/Pepsi Max sounds bloody good from what I've heard it. If the rest of the album is like that I'll be more than happy.

Out of tuna HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I agree with Sydo, I think it will be better than Horror Show... but not as good as Stormrider/Burnt Offerings/Dark Saga...