Josephine

Originally posted by Adrianne Smith
Red Shirt, you owe me some major details

I kept getting side tracked on telling you about the Rock n Rio DVD. Here's my feedback on that for all to see and comment as well.

The DVD is a two disk set; disk 1 - show only, and disk 2 - behind the scenes stuff. The DVD was edited by Steve Harris.

Disk 1 has great footage, great lighting for great recording (hint hint), and great video resolution. What I didn't like is the editing. (Steve is the most awesome bassist, but his editing is not up to the same par.) No scene stays for more than 2-3 seconds. It's ok to see that sometimes, but not all the time. It's like "sit still!" You never get to see any member play out a solo. I also found the sound to be better in stereo mode than dd 5.1 mode. The dd 5.1 did sound good, but in stereo it just sounded more "LIVE". I have nothing to compare the audio too so I don't know if that's a common problem or poor audio editing or just crap equipment. However, I doubt the later.

Disk 2 I thought was absolutely great. Again, great video resolution (just can't beat dvd!). The recording of every member was not recorded in a typical (and boring) sit down in a room one on one interview style. Instead they called it "Day Off" which basically was a camera following them around for a part of the day. Each member had a hidden Eddie face on their page as well, although I never could find Adrian's. You have no clue they are there until you stumble on it. So, for those of you that do have it, toggle around and you'll find it. When you select it, there's a short recording of additional stuff. There's also a bunch of stills from Ross Halfin, including himself, and he narriates them as well.

Well, that's my $0.02 worth.