judas priest fucking sucks

einride

your best friend
Feb 29, 2008
judas priest used to be amazing (but amazingly inconsistent, even then) up til about "killing machine" (& including "unleashed in the east") but all of the 80's output is just commercial pop sellout drivel for absolute fucking idiots, and let's not even get started about the 90's and the utterly unrelenting spew of pure drivel that is the last 4 albums or so.

"painkiller" had about two good songs but even the band members themselves admit it is an album made specifically to cash in on the thrash/speed trend that was just about to die at the time (well played on releasing fucking TURBO back when others released PLEASURE TO KILL.) it also has enough cheese to fill every hole in every swiss cheese worldwide (much like every other judas priest album)

in conclusion, judas priest after 1979 is shit for morons and they should have quit no less than THIRTY years ago, give it a fucking rest already :worship:

Reactions: NAD
Nah, sorry. Defenders of the Faith and Ram it Down both have killer songs on them. 70's priest will always be the superior era though, that's for sure.

I love Judas Priest up until Stained Class, but I've never listened to anything after it. The songs I've heard off later albums were alright, not fucking sucky.

Rob Halford literally slurping dick from a catheter is reason enough for me to not support this "act". Does he have AIDS yet?!? :err:
Oh come now. This forum is built on the worship of guys running around the woods shirtless, in tight leather pants & corpse paint, with names like "Satan Hammer", singing about all the ways they'd sexually defile Christ, and all the while living in their parent's basement. Now I ask you... is that really any less gay than man-on-man lovin'?

As for the topic at hand, Preist post-1979 released lenty of quality material.

British Steel (COLUMBIA - 1980)
Screaming for Vengeance (COLUMBIA - 1982)
Defenders of the Faith (COLUMBIA - 1984)
Ram It Down (COLUMBIA - 1988)
Painkiller (COLUMBIA - 1990)
Jugulator (OMC INTERNATIONAL - 1997)

That's more quality material than most bands release in their career. And by the by, I listed Jugulator not because I'm a fan, but because I know many people who love it.

Zod

Personally, I can't wait for pictures of Halford ramming it down with his british steel in the point of entry of his future Norwegian turbo lover, Ghaal. We all know they'll come eventually, it's just a matter of when.

Defenders of the Faith (COLUMBIA - 1984)
6. Eat Me Alive

Wrapped tight around me
Like a second flesh hot skin gling my body
As the ecstasy begins
Your wild vibrations
Got me shooting from the hip
Crazed and insatiable let rip
Eat me alive
Sounds like on animal panting to the bear
Groan in the pleasure zone gasping from the heat
Gut-wrenching frenzy that deranges every joint
I'm gonna force you at gun point
To eat me alive
Bound to deliver as you give and I collect
Squealing in passion as the rod steel injects
Lunge to the maximum
Spread-eagled to the wall
You're well equipped to take it all
So eat me alive

I always thought they were super inconsistent as well. Even their early career was littered with it.

Oh come now. This forum is built on the worship of guys running around the woods shirtless, in tight leather pants & corpse paint, with names like "Satan Hammer", singing about all the ways they'd sexually defile Christ, and all the while living in their parent's basement. Now I ask you... is that really any less gay than man-on-man lovin'?

Seconded.

Seconded.

This statement coming from the two members of the forum who don't even like metal. :lol:

You won't hear me, But you'll feel me
Without warning, somethings dawning, listen
Then within your senses,
You'll know you're defenseless
How your heart beats, when you run for cover
Your cant retreat I spy like no other

Then we race together
We can ride forever
Wrapped in horsepower, driving into fury
Changing gear I pull you tighter to me

I'm your turbo lover
Tell me there's no other
I'm your turbo lover
Better run for cover

We hold each other closer, as we shift to overdrive
And eveyrthing goes rushing by, with every nerve alive
We move so fast it seems as though we've taken to the sky
Love machines in harmony, we hear the engines cry

I'm your turbo lover
Tell me there's no other
I'm your turbo lover
Better run for cover

On and on we're charging to the place so many seek
In perfect synchronicity of which so many speak
We feel so close to heaven in this roaring heavy load
And then in sheer abandonment, we shatter and explode \

LO Fucking L! :lol:

Part of me wants to agree about the 70's stuff versus the 80's stuff....but honestly, the new years party where I got totally sloshed invalidates that part of me:

l_30ea307042b5495688bc485268bb9934.jpg

l_1a343fd4e92140df9e29892a3b39cb1b.jpg

l_5dc7801f8de54882af4e13c2a21c3090.jpg

FOAD :zombie::loco::zombie:

Part of me wants to agree about the 70's stuff versus the 80's stuff....but honestly, the new years party where I got totally sloshed invalidates that part of me:
well once i was drunk and sang along to bon jovi but as far as i know bon jovi still sucks so

I thought that Jamaica mon jam "Paper Planes" was a catchy good time until ClimbT intervened and said, "No, it sucks pennyroyal penis." Then, and only then did I pay close enough attention to realize, "yep pure tripe". A friendly intervention is all Erik is providing to you fag worshipers. An intervention against chapless pant wearing pickle sniffers who subliminally record dark messages of man love in the back door of their recordings.

You won't hear me, But you'll feel me
Without warning, somethings dawning, listen
Then within your senses,
You'll know you're defenseless
How your heart beats, when you run for cover
Your cant retreat I spy like no other

Then we race together
We can ride forever
Wrapped in horsepower, driving into fury
Changing gear I pull you tighter to me

I'm your turbo lover
Tell me there's no other
I'm your turbo lover
Better run for cover

We hold each other closer, as we shift to overdrive
And eveyrthing goes rushing by, with every nerve alive
We move so fast it seems as though we've taken to the sky
Love machines in harmony, we hear the engines cry

I'm your turbo lover
Tell me there's no other
I'm your turbo lover
Better run for cover

On and on we're charging to the place so many seek
In perfect synchronicity of which so many speak
We feel so close to heaven in this roaring heavy load
And then in sheer abandonment, we shatter and explode
Better than 90% of what will be in RiA's Top 10 of 2008.:loco:

Zod

I thought that Jamaica mon jam "Paper Planes" was a catchy good time until ClimbT intervened and said, "No, it sucks pennyroyal penis." Then, and only then did I pay close enough attention to realize, "yep pure tripe". A friendly intervention is all Erik is providing to you fag worshipers. An intervention against chapless pant wearing pickle sniffers who subliminally record dark messages of man love in the back door of their recordings.

The fact that Rob is a "fag," as you aptly put it, adds a large dimension of depth to their lyrics in the 70's. The cold, post-industrial grind of Birmingham provided a framework for the darkness from Rocka Rolla to Stained Class, however, Rob's alienation and secrecy due to his sexual orientation brought out both explicit and implicit double meanings in the lyrics. "Raw Deal" for instance references new york riots, while "Island of Domination" deals with shame and submission.

There's numerous other examples, but yeah, in the 80's they suffered a serious drop in depth when it came to lyrics and musical content. For the most part though, British Steel, Screaming for Vengeance, Killing Machine and Defenders of the Faith have some really heavy tunes with great riffs and songwritings. The lyrics, if anything, are serious kitsch with gay innuendo; Rob didn't speak much from a personal perspective as he did in the 70's, probably due to the fact that they were fucking famous and didn't actually care about anything anymore. Turbo is nothing but a party pop album (which is hilarious to play while wasted), Ram It Down is their worst album, easily. Painkiller is heavy and has some great tunes, but it might be the most ridiculous one of all.

At any rate, if you have a problem with someone being gay, you're fucking stupid and should evaluate your personal worldview outside of the music you happen to listen to. :)

you know what's been missing from RC? A good intraweb fight?
I mean a classic, margugs type of affair ... :lol: