Judas Priest news

Symphony

PQ member
Jan 8, 2002
Southampton, UK
www.power-quest.co.uk
Damien, Assistant Editor of the U.K.'s respected Terrorizer magazine,attended a listening session for the new JUDAS PRIEST album, "Angel ofRetribution", in London on Monday (Dec. 20). The following is hisreport on the session, as submitted to BLABBERMOUTH.NET:"Just attended the London press day for 'Angel Of Retribution'yesterday December 20. [JUDAS PRIEST guitarists] K.K. [Downing] andGlenn [Tipton] were in attendance, as were pretty much all the U.K.rock press and much alcohol!"We heard five songs: 'Judas Rising', 'Deal With The Devil','Revolution', 'Worth Fighting For' and 'Hellrider'."'Revolution' is absolutely massive, a true sing-along anthem that'ssure to become a live staple. Quite outrageously catchy in thetradition of PRIEST's numerous chart hits."'Judas Rising' is a pounding, punishing workout — repetitive, but togreat effect. [Rob] Halford is in great voice here."'Deal With The Devil' is pure heavy metal; chugging guitardownstrokes — an obvious headbanger's delight. Expect to hear it live."'Worth Fighting For' is the weakest of the bunch, a somewhatundercooked semi-ballad that doesn't really go anywhere."'Hellrider' is akin to something off 'Painkiller', truly amazingaxework from Glenn and K.K. They've really excelled themselves on thisalbum."There are also no less then TWO bass intros among these five, whichis highly unusual, as Ian Hill only ever got two in the entire backcatalog before! ('The Rage' and 'Love Bites')."Overall, this absolutely wipes the floor with the last two albums,though it's unlikely to top 'Painkiller' or 'Screaming For Vengeance'.However as Glenn told me, this is 'just the next JUDAS PRIEST album.We've got at least 2 or 3 more albums in us...' "As previously reported, JUDAS PRIEST's new single, "Revolution", isscheduled to go for radio adds on January 3. "Angel of Retribution" isslated for release on March 1 via Epic.Watch for a full report/feature on JUDAS PRIEST in an upcoming issueof Terrorizer magazine.

An mp3 of Revolution was knocking around the Royal Carnage forum recently...it's interesting. Not amazing, but it's going in the direction I expected Priest to take. I'm not too happy about the idea of more chugging-downstroke riffs...all the same, I'm looking forward to the album and will certainly look into the Terrorizer feature!

Angel of Retribution...what a class title! :D