Judas Priest announce farewell EPITAPH World Tour

Power_Metal_Dom

Epic Metaller
Aug 8, 2006
Frankfurt, Germany
After storming the world for nearly 40 years and taking their very special brand of heavy metal to all four corners of the planet, JUDAS PRIEST - one of the most influential heavy metal bands of all time, have announced this will be their final world tour!!

However, the mighty PRIEST will certainly be going out strong as they rock the planet starting in 2011 on the massive EPITAPH tour - hitting all the major cities throughout the world they will be playing the songs that helped make the name JUDAS PRIEST synonymous with heavy metal!

With all guns blazing and amps cranked to eleven, the band will be giving all their fans one last chance to witness the ultimate metal experience that is JUDAS PRIEST!

JUDAS PRIEST will be starting their world tour in Europe - we have just confirmed the following festivals for 2011 -

9th June Sweden Rock Festival, Sweden
11th June Sauna Festival, Finland
17th June Copenhell Festival, Copenhagen, Denmark
19th June Hellfest, Nantes, France
22nd June Gods of Metal Festival, Milan, Italy
25th June Graspop Festival, Belgium
23rd July HIgh Voltage Festival, London, UK
5th August Wacken Festival, Germany

Stay tuned as we announce more dates - information will be forthcoming soon - so start getting prepared to rock one final time with the incomparable JUDAS PRIEST!!

http://judaspriest.com/news/fullstory.asp?id=05E3D999-903B-49F0-A8D2-C4A2431C9B2D

On the day I'm wearing my Judas Priest tshirt too :( Sad, if inevitable, news. Will HAVE to grab a ticket somewhere. But I suppose it's comforting to know there will never be a band who even dares to dream about thinking of eclipsing Judas Priest - patriarchs of heavy metal itself and eternally Metal Gods. :worship: :headbang:

It may be obvious from what this annoucement says, but it doesn't actually confirm whether they will be splitting up or not! I wonder whether it's a "farewell but not really farewell" tour!

Either way, I may have to make the effort to go see them! It's probably too much to ask them to play Sheffield again!

Well, it's going to be getting to that stage soon with a lot of bands I grew up with as a kid....Judas Priest, AC/DC to name but a couple. Certainly will be strange when these guys finally hang up their leathers

Oh wow. Looks like I'll have to finally go see Priest since they're on my list of bands to see before I die, even though I'm not a huge fan of them. They've been around for a hell of a long time, at least!

I definitely recommend it. Saw them back in Feb 2009 and they were absolutely immense.

Also, listen to Painkiller if you haven't already! (Song and Album)

Oh yea, I think the only Priest songs I know are Painkiller, Breaking the Law, and I think Screaming for Vengeance, they're all brilliant.

I think I got into metal backwards, though, because I honestly never heard a Priest song until Death's cover of Painkiller :lol:

This makes me cry metal tears. It's quite painful. But I can't say the musical cynic in me doesn't expect a comeback afterwards, Black Sabbath style.

I cry mercury. Mercury rain ;) Me n friends theorised a comeback tour or (Thor forbid) a reunion tour might happen sometime in the future.

Oh yea, I think the only Priest songs I know are...

Fix this! Priest are one of those bands where I can seriously recommend all they have done, even the Ripper stuff. :worship:

First it was The Scorpions who announced that they will retire after touring for their new album, now Judas Priest.. All hail the mighty Rob Halford!

Very sad news for Priest fans:cry: :cry: :cry:

It is with regret that Judas Priest announce that K.K. DOWNING has formally retired from the band and will therefore not be joining them on their forthcoming EPITAPH Tour.

The band respect his decision and naturally all wish him well.

http://judaspriest.com/news/fullstory.asp?id=31894B27-BD13-43BA-84F0-6A11B4F9D835

Richie Faulkner will step in as replacement guitarist for the Epitaph tour.

I will miss KK so very much, he is a legendary guitarist and has been a massive influence on me :( Priest will never be the same without him

That seems to be a very weird decision, must be some clear reason for it. Especially as it's been pointed out, just before the farewell tour of a band he's been in since the very start (even before Tipton)

New album next year as well, according to the press release. Would be a strange if that would be a new studio album, literally after the end of the band. More likely a live album of the final tour or a(nother) greatest hits album?

That seems to be a very weird decision, must be some clear reason for it. Especially as it's been pointed out, just before the farewell tour of a band he's been in since the very start (even before Tipton)

New album next year as well, according to the press release. Would be a strange if that would be a new studio album, literally after the end of the band. More likely a live album of the final tour or a(nother) greatest hits album?

It seems to be that they've only specified that it'll be their last ever "World" Tour, so maybe they will tour again in the future but on a smaller scale and perhaps still make new records also?

But yeah, if they're just gonna release yet another Compilation and/or Live Album then stop, then I for one won't be interested.

Interesting interview with Rob Halford in the latest issue of Kerrang. He says that for the setlists of the Epitaph tour they'll be playing at least one song from every album, but doesn't specify whether that includes 'Jugulator' and 'Demolition' (I would guess it won't). Will be interesting to hear what song(s) they pick from 'Rocka Rolla' and 'Ram It Down', assuming he is true to his word!

He also says that they will tour after Epitaph but just not on the scale that they are for Epitaph. "...farewell but not goodbye" is something he says when talking about this and that the new album will be a studio album full of brand new material which will be "classic Priest".

Should be interesting to see how it all develops!