JUDAS PRIEST NOOOOOOOOOO!

Pretty good song but not amazing. Not as good as the title tracks to their last several albums. Scott Travis I think adds some nice fills that spice it up. Hope to hear Faulkner shred a lot on it.

It's decent. A good taking a shower song, but not a good enough party/driving fast song.

These are the songs of the album

• Dragonaut
  • Redeemer Of Souls
  • Halls Of Valhalla
  • Sword Of Damocles
  • March Of The Damned
  • Down In Flames
  • Hell & Back
  • Cold Blooded
  • Metalizer
  • Crossfire
  • Secrets Of The Dead
  • Battle Cry
  • Beginning Of The End

Bonus tracks (special edition):
  • Snakebite
  • Tears Of Blood
  • Creatures
  • Bring It On
  • Never Forget

my main curiosity abot JP 2014 is how is Rob live?
I answered my own question by watching a few clips on youtube.
he is still "hunched over and lumbering" like last couple of years but seems to have compensated for his ever-dwindling vocal power

mixed feelings tho still about purchasing Redeemer Of Souls

I've heard the full album "because aliens took over my tv" and Cold Blooded is a very cool song, I'd put it on a greatest hits album, for example. Crossfire has shit lyrics, even for Priest, who haven't really had good ones since the 70s (I still love their 80s and 1990 stuff, but the lyrics aren't exactly deep). Sword of Damocles sounds a little (tiny) bit like Gary Moore wrote it in 1988, at the beginning anyway, not later one into the song. It's decent. Secrets of the Dead suffers from simplistic lyrics but is decent. There are no real abominations on the album. The problem is that because you've already heard some songs, you pay more attention to the new stuff, so it's hard to rate it as an album properly.

That's after 2 listens, my preferences in terms of the songs may invert over time.

I was totally considering seeing them this summer too :( I think he just straight up can't do his shrieks anymore, pretty sure there wasn't a single one in that entire album. Idk if I'm gonna go, I've never been to a Priest show and I'd hate to have my enjoyment marred by an inferior live show.

and I'd hate to have my enjoyment marred by an inferior live show.

It depends on each person, maybe for you it will be a good chance.

They played here a year ago, and since K.K. Downing was not aboard and I didn't (like you) have my only Priest live experience to be a washed out band, I skip it.

Still not regret it.

It depends on each person, maybe for you it will be a good chance.

They played here a year ago, and since K.K. Downing was not aboard and I didn't (like you) have my only Priest live experience to be a washed out band, I skip it.

Still not regret it.

Yeah and it probably aint gonna be cheap, either. Oh well. RIP.

I've seen them with and without KK and I can't genuinely say that there was a humongous difference in the quality of the overall performance. The difficulty is that the venue they were in, with KK, was a good arena, whereas the one they were in at the later gig was a shitty sub- arena sports venue with a stupid viewing angle for the entire audience and a tiny stage.

my main curiosity abot JP 2014 is how is Rob live?
I answered my own question by watching a few clips on youtube.
he is still "hunched over and lumbering" like last couple of years but seems to have compensated for his ever-dwindling vocal power

mixed feelings tho still about purchasing Redeemer Of Souls

I'll definitely pick up the new album, but still very much undecided about investing in seeing them live again. Saw them in 2009 and Rob was "hunched over and lumbering" the whole time... Pretty disappointing performance.

We have enough songs, an album title and the artwork is underway. Plan is to get all the songs up to speed then make it happen! Probably be the first half of next year, although that's tentative of course ;)

:hotjump::hotjump::hotjump::hotjump: