JUDAS PRIEST NOOOOOOOOOO!

To me the saddest part is that they left with "Nostradamus", if they have quitted with "Painkiller" it would have been the best swan song in history.

My favorite is definitively "Defenders Of The Faith", their best ever.

so a judas priets rep has released a statement saying the band is not retiring from creating new music, just touring

Yeah, Scorpions retiring sucked, but not as much as I think Judas Priest retiring will. And the passing of one of the greatest metal vocalist was as bad as the two retirements combined- if not worse.

I'll second that. Dio still had the fire burning and still had several years to give to the metal world. The Scorps and Priest carreer end are still sad though...

I agree ... all the press releases I read only mentions that this is their last world tour. So I assume there will still be the odd festival gig eetc and new albums.

I would not be so sure of that...With albums selling less and less, and considering the guys' ages, me thinks Priest will be gone for good after the farewell tour.

On the other side, Halford said recently in several interviews that he had no plan to quit, so I guess we'll hear more from him and his solo band. In any ways, he seems more relaxed when playing smaller gigs with Halford than being the Metal God with Priest lately...

To me the saddest part is that they left with "Nostradamus", if they have quitted with "Painkiller" it would have been the best swan song in history.

I agree 100%. "Nostradamus" was a mess. However, in my opinion "Angel of retribution" is quite good.

Fav song: "The sentinel"

Fav album: "Painkiller". It would have been "Defenders of the faith" but, for me, the production is too much 80´s. For instante, I consider "Love bites" version from "Priest... live" far better than "Defenders" one.

Mmm... overall 70´s are better but for me, "Painkiller" is the last heavy metal album that got into the mainstream. And that´s saying a lot, in my opinion, ´cause it´s Judas Priest heaviest record (maybe with "Jugulator").

Please, explain that one to me. Do you mean, the last Priest record that went to mainstream? If not, then I don't understand cause there are several HM discs that went to mainstream since 1990...

well some of you might remember i panicked about 8 months ago when Aerosmith was having a few trials-leaked to the media,some bizarre?!-Billy Idol new vocalist -so i will also be sad to see them retire,but like my favs aerosmith-they can't go forever-it will be a parody and God forbid,plug in replacements on most instuments under the same name -Gene Simmons youn asshole!:devil:

i will be interested in the how the coming weeks and months unfold

my friend Mike is a HUGE Priest fan and a catalog completist and we both hope Reading Festival 1975 will see an official
release-plus the early Al Atkins material(even though Al seems to be trying to milk his BRIEF association with Priest ) fav song Ripper
album: British Steel

Priest MAY retire, but Sabbath will reunite with Ozzy and crank out the wickedest metal reunion and then Zep will tour in the US

...my friend Mike is a HUGE Priest fan and a catalog completist and we both hope Reading Festival 1975 will see an official
release...

I would love to see that released as well. John Gallagher once told me how he and his brother Mark were at the Reading festival in 1975 and they saw Priest. He said that it was the best gig he ever saw, btw he told me this back in 1981, ;) It seems Priest smashed all of their their equipment after the last song.

About time tbh. Priest is a great band, but they have been embarrassing themselves for years now tbh.

About time tbh. Priest is a great band, but they have been embarrassing themselves for years now tbh.

How does touring and making thousands and thousands of fans happy embarrass themselves? Their 2005 album was great. Halford's latest was awesome. They put on a kick-ass show. Is it because Halford struggles to sing one of the hardest songs to sing in history and they release a mediocre record that they're suddenly embarrassing themselves?