JUDAS PRIEST NOOOOOOOOOO!

My favourite Judas Priest albums is "Killing Machine", "British Steel", "Point Of Entry", "Screaming For Vengeance" and "Defenders Of The Faith".
Thats the golden five and real Heavy Metal albums. Previous albums ( "Rocka Rolla", "Sad Wings Of Destiny", "Sin After Sin" and "Stained Class" ) is rather Hard Rock, not Heavy Metal, whereas later albums - "Turbo" and "Ram It Down" is more commercial, soft and don't equal previous albums.
Next album "Painkiller" is experiment with speed metal, but I'm not a fan of this album.
Later albums is nothing curious.

"Defenders Of The Faith" is cool, magic, very massive and metallic.
I prefere first half of 80's era Judas Priest. 1980-1984, most heavy metal era in Priests history.

My favourite Judas Priest albums is "Killing Machine", "British Steel", "Point Of Entry", "Screaming For Vengeance" and "Defenders Of The Faith".
Thats the golden five and real Heavy Metal albums. Previous albums ( "Rocka Rolla", "Sad Wings Of Destiny", "Sin After Sin" and "Stained Class" ) is rather Hard Rock, not Heavy Metal, whereas later albums - "Turbo" and "Ram It Down" is more commercial, soft and don't equal previous albums.
Next album "Painkiller" is experiment with speed metal, but I'm not a fan of this album.
Later albums is nothing curious.

"Defenders Of The Faith" is cool, magic, very massive and metallic.
I prefere first half of 80's era Judas Priest. 1980-1984, most heavy metal era in Priests history.

I think Vicious Robbie and I concur here that "Defenders Of The Faith" is their best.

I like "Painkiller" a lot, but I don't think it was truly speed (like Exciter or Hellhound) just heavy as can be and faster than previous efforts.

Try and play Painkiller on guitar, it's pretty damn FAST! :D

Fast yes, but musically speaking is not speed metal. Being Canadian I expected you beyond anyone else to understand the difference with Exciter :wave:

(Dec. 2010) Priest MAY retire, but Sabbath will reunite with Ozzy and crank out the wickedest metal reunion and then Zep will tour in the US

Kirwing was right on the Sabbath prophecy :) I have my doubts about a Zeppelin reunion tour though...

Damn, it's one of the bands that I'd really still wanted to see live, along with Slayer which is pretty much out the window as well.
My favourite album is Painkiller followed closely by Defenders and Stained Class
Favourite song - The Sentinel

Run of the Mill is the best out of Rocka Rolla, undoubtedly. But my favourite song is Hell Patrol, Blood Red Skies and especially The Ripper, Victim of Changes and Starbreaker.

Damn, as I hate to see them hang their guitars forever I hate that I didnt get the chance to see them live. And at the same time i know that you guys are right, you cant do it forever, dont let the legend fade into the dark, leave it all at the top! And I hope they feel great about the work they leave us with. I owe all my passion for vocal ability and motivation to make music to them!:kickass:

They should have stopped making music after Ram It Down. Angel Of Retribution was a yawnfest.

Dunno Keith, "Painkiller" is thousands of times better than RID. Like I said before that should have been their "swan song".

AOR is indeed a very weak comeback and not worthy of the, specially with Halford on board.

AOR sounds like leftover tracks from other priest albums thrown onto a new release to have something to promote on tour.

I see Motley Crue is doing a "retirement tour" now.
...just like JP did their retirement tour in 2009, but are now recording a new album & probably touring behind it
...just like Scorpions did a retirement tour in 2012, but decided not to retire.

I wonder if these if are calculated lies by the tour manager to sell more tickets, or if the bands just can't hang it up.

...just like JP did their retirement tour in 2009, but are now recording a new album & probably touring behind it
...just like Scorpions did a retirement tour in 2012, but decided not to retire.

I wonder if these if are calculated lies by the tour manager to sell more tickets, or if the bands just can't hang it up.

judas priest released a statement days after their retirement tour was announced that they would still make new music and play a show here or there, mainly big festivals, but will not be going on the road and doing extended tours that involve several shows a week

Oh i agree vern but RID was their last decent album. Kinda like the live album with ripper although.

Exactly, RID was decent, "Painkiller" was superb! If I follow your point, I would have stopped at DOTF.

I think the same many times. And it's kinda lame towards the fan, insulting actually.

AOR sounds like leftover tracks from other priest albums thrown onto a new release to have something to promote on tour.

Exactly what I said when I bought it. There's stuff that sounds like 70's, 80`s and even 90's, a pastiche of songs without cohesion or direction.

The proof? "Nostradamus" is a stink bomb, so where was the composition skills? Nowhere to be found, considering Halford released great solo albums, and Tipton/Downing getting off the Owens era (not Tim's fault at all) sound, one should have expected more, much more.

Now the new album is coming, but I have big reserves about it. Download, judge, then see purchase probability.

The song is nothing astounding, sounds a bit better musically than AOR but that's it.

Halford vocals are barely recognizable, even weaker than his last solo effort (which btw was better than the last 4 JP albums).

Gonna wait until the whole thing leaks, to download and listen and then MAYBE I open my wallet. Since I have the whole collection this is going to be tough on me, but I'm tired of throwing away money on bad releases even as a compulsive collector.