Judas Priest: Redeemer of Souls

I don't know, Firebreath's comments are fair but I've grown to like it, production issues aside I think it's probably the best you could expect from guys at this stage in their career; with Priest the bar is set so high it's really impossible to live up to expectations but realistically we knew we weren't going to get another STAINED CLASS, HELL BENT FOR LEATHER, SCREAMING FOR VENGEANCE or DEFENDERS OF THE FAITH...

Thank you.

Some good songs dragged down by bad production. Why is the guitar sound so dull and muddy? Also there are quite a few boring tunes.
This.

A few folks I rarely see wanted to get together for this show, so I agreed to go. In doing so I've taken a second pass at this album. I have to say, it's not bad. However, it's mind-boggling that a band of Priest's ilk would produce a record that can't better the production quality that kids in Brooklyn are getting out of their Macbook Airs.

And what is this fascination 80s bands seem to have with long running record times? 61 minutes? Painkiller was 46 minutes, Screaming for Vengeance was 38, British Steel was 36. At a time when bands are clearly pressed for creative ideas, why are they hell bent (pun intended) on long running times? If Priest would have brought in Andy Sneap and trimmed this down to 40 minutes, they would have delivered a record worthy of their brand.

I'd love to see what Andy Sneap could do for Iron Maiden, also. Kevin Shirley blows, but I know it's not all his fault as Steve Harris has final say on everything. In this day and age with technology as it is, why would you want your music to sound like shit on purpose?