Judas Priest: Redeemer of Souls

I really WANT to like it but it's just very "meh" for me (and they're one of my all time favs).

It sounds like a leftover track from the Painkiller era (which generally, would be awesome) but it lacks the power and delivery. It's evident the last couple albums that Halford can't belt out those high notes throughout the songs any more (he is getting up there in age...). That's half of what I love about the band. It's uncomfortable for me to watch them live as well these days. Rob just kid of stands there or walks slowly back and forth, eyes closed, like he is just hoping to get through the songs and go home. I'm spoiled I know...the "hey day" was awesome with them!

I'll buy this just because it's Priest, but my hope is set very low...

Going to be a great time in July :headbang:

REDEEMER OF SOULS - tracklisting as follows:
DRAGONAUT
REDEEMER OF SOULS
HALLS OF VALHALLA
SWORD OF DAMOCLES
MARCH OF THE DAMNED
DOWN IN FLAMES
HELL & BACK
COLD BLOODED
METALIZER
CROSSFIRE
SECRETS OF THE DEAD
BATTLE CRY
BEGINNING OF THE END

Bonus tracks:

SNAKEBITE
TEARS OF BLOOD
CREATURES
BRING IT ON
NEVER FORGET

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION VISIT:
judaspriest.com
facebook.com/OfficialJudasPriest

Going to be a great time in July :headbang:

REDEEMER OF SOULS - tracklisting as follows:
DRAGONAUT
REDEEMER OF SOULS
HALLS OF VALHALLA
SWORD OF DAMOCLES
MARCH OF THE DAMNED
DOWN IN FLAMES
HELL & BACK
COLD BLOODED
METALIZER
CROSSFIRE
SECRETS OF THE DEAD
BATTLE CRY
BEGINNING OF THE END

Bonus tracks:

SNAKEBITE
TEARS OF BLOOD
CREATURES
BRING IT ON
NEVER FORGET

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION VISIT:
judaspriest.com
facebook.com/OfficialJudasPriest

That's quite a load of songs... 5 bonus tracks? It's now often a band does that.

But I also think it would be best to have only 10-12 excellent songs. :heh:

In my opinion, the song really isn't that bad. It has attitude, it has catchy lines, and it has a melodic sensibility. It's not the greatest song that Priest has ever written, but you can easily say that about plenty of songs that appear on Priest albums that have been purchased by the folks on this forum. You don't really hear people clamoring over songs like "You Don't Have To Be Old To Be Wise," but the album that contains that song is considered by many to be their best release. Yes, Judas Priest is considered one of the all-time greatest heavy metal bands. No, that does not mean that they spin gold every time they write a song. Maybe I just set my expectations a lot lower than those of other folks around here, but I can't see any real fault with this tune.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJhm2vZFj2k&list=PLVOHQtvxLqQMNhEL6a715oap_7tcX223o[/ame]

:headbang::headbang:

You can also pre-order the album from iTunes to get the song.