JUDAS PRIEST North American Tour.

Has there been anything in the news or from the press conference further about why KK is not doing the tour?

He said there was an issue with management and inner workings in the band. I don't think we'll truly know the exact reasons unless KK actually decides to speak out, which I doubt he is. However, here is an excellent interview with Halford that I meant to post up a while ago:http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=158067

Update via metalstorm

Back in December last year, Judas Priest announced their plans for the Farewell Epitaph Tour.

The band now issued the following statement: "We would like to clarify a situation that seems to be confusing a few people out there.

When we issued our press release to announce the farewell tour - we stated that it was the last major world tour for Judas Priest - nothing has changed - we didn't say it was the end of the band or that we were going to retire or the band was going to break up... Just that it would be the last major world tour we would be doing which is still the case.

We have plans for a new album (which we have already announced in an earlier press release) plus possible future releases and we would still consider doing the odd live show - if it is something special or for a great cause - but no more world tours."

I'll be there in Quebec City. But I feel that I'll be disappointed by Halford's performance, like the last 2 times I saw Priest (in 2005 and 2008). But I have to be there anyway. It'll be cool to see Thin Lizzy too.

I went to see Judas Priest and BLS in Seattle WA Saturday night. I had never seen Priest before, so thought I'd better see them once before retirement.

After a long security line and $9.50 for a Jack and Coke, the evening got better when I saw a guy wearing a PPXI t-shirt. That's the first ProgPower t-shirt I've seen at a show in Oregon or Washington. Chatted with the guy and his friend for a bit, they were from Montana, friendly folks. Not active on the forum and I didn't catch their name, but was great to have some nice people to chat with for awhile as I was alone at the show.

Thin Lizzy was fine. Never been a big fan. Black Label Society did their thing and did it well. I've seen them twice before, nothing too different, except Zakk's voice sounded better than the last time I saw them.

Priest was good fun. Played for about 2:15-2:20, a longer set than I've seen from any headliner in awhile. They performed cuts from a bunch of different albums, quite a wide range. I don't have all of JP's discs, but do have a couple of best of collections and a few individual albums. They played at least 3-4 songs that I didn't know, so not just the biggest hits. Rob had a bunch of different outfits, I think he changed clothes more than Carrie Underwood and Janet Jackson combined! The only annoying one was the mask he wore for "I Am Nostradamus" muffled his voice where it was hard to understand what he was singing. Lots of lights, fog, lazers, fire, video screens, banners, risers, and one motorcycle on stage - all in all, a good show.

I went to see Judas Priest and BLS in Seattle WA Saturday night. I had never seen Priest before, so thought I'd better see them once before retirement.

After a long security line and $9.50 for a Jack and Coke, the evening got better when I saw a guy wearing a PPXI t-shirt. That's the first ProgPower t-shirt I've seen at a show in Oregon or Washington. Chatted with the guy and his friend for a bit, they were from Montana, friendly folks. Not active on the forum and I didn't catch their name, but was great to have some nice people to chat with for awhile as I was alone at the show.

Thin Lizzy was fine. Never been a big fan. Black Label Society did their thing and did it well. I've seen them twice before, nothing too different, except Zakk's voice sounded better than the last time I saw them.

Priest was good fun. Played for about 2:15-2:20, a longer set than I've seen from any headliner in awhile. They performed cuts from a bunch of different albums, quite a wide range. I don't have all of JP's discs, but do have a couple of best of collections and a few individual albums. They played at least 3-4 songs that I didn't know, so not just the biggest hits. Rob had a bunch of different outfits, I think he changed clothes more than Carrie Underwood and Janet Jackson combined! The only annoying one was the mask he wore for "I Am Nostradamus" muffled his voice where it was hard to understand what he was singing. Lots of lights, fog, lazers, fire, video screens, banners, risers, and one motorcycle on stage - all in all, a good show.

Cool review, I'm hoping for an Atlanta date next year sometime...

I wanted to go see them in PA, but I have no one to come with me. :(

I go to concerts by myself all the time. The wife only likes some of the stuff I like to listen to and my friends either 1) don't like metal, 2) aren't willing to spend money, or 3) are total flakes. Seriously, I have this one friend from work who will say he'll meet me at a show and its 50/50 whether he actually comes. And if he does show up it's often halfway through the 2nd band of the night and then he leaves before the headliner is done - I don't get it.

Although there is a lot of standing around in silence, concerts are a great place to people watch and usually I can find a few people to talk to before the show and between bands. Moral of the story: going to concerts solo really isn't that bad.

I go to concerts by myself all the time. The wife only likes some of the stuff I like to listen to and my friends either 1) don't like metal, 2) aren't willing to spend money, or 3) are total flakes. Seriously, I have this one friend from work who will say he'll meet me at a show and its 50/50 whether he actually comes. And if he does show up it's often halfway through the 2nd band of the night and then he leaves before the headliner is done - I don't get it.

Although there is a lot of standing around in silence, concerts are a great place to people watch and usually I can find a few people to talk to before the show and between bands. Moral of the story: going to concerts solo really isn't that bad.

That's absolutely true for local shows, but when a show involves a road trip and hotel stay, sometimes having someone to split the costs makes the difference between going or staying home.

I agree with both of you on both points - I go to club shows alone all the time and actually enjoy myself. The wife isn't into my kind of music and my one closest friend who follows metal like me lives out of state, so I treat it as "my time" if that makes any sense. With full on arena concerts, I would prefer to not go solo, but given the price of those, I don't do too many anyway!!

Same for me. If I was waiting for my wife or my friends to go to shows, I won't go often...I often go alone and always find someone to talk to.