JUDAS PRIEST North American Tour.

I also enjoy going to concerts on my own occasionally. Luckily, however I have plenty of friends around, including some who will go even if they're not super into the music. The wife isn't the biggest fan either... when there's nobody to go with, it's nice to go enjoy it on your own too. :)

That's absolutely true for local shows, but when a show involves a road trip and hotel stay, sometimes having someone to split the costs makes the difference between going or staying home.

Well there's that, and then there's my natural paranoia. I'm a 5' female and I don't carry a gun, so, going on a road trip by myself doesn't seem like a very safe thing to do, yanno? Just my opinion. I don't like going very far from home unless I'm with someone.

Well there's that, and then there's my natural paranoia. I'm a 5' female and I don't carry a gun, so, going on a road trip by myself doesn't seem like a very safe thing to do, yanno? Just my opinion. I don't like going very far from home unless I'm with someone.

You know...I thought about that after I posted my message. I'm a 6'4" male and not scrawny. Although I don't think I'm imposing, I'm probably not someone's first choice to pick on. My 5' wife is certainly much more cautious about where she travels alone.

I once spent a month travelling around the country on a motorcycle by myself. I think that experience made me feel a lot more safe alone in the world.

My point was to encourage people to not use the "alone" excuse to miss out on shows, it's a different experience solo but still fun. But obviously there are other factors (and cost too as someone else brought up). Sorry you missed out on a good show, hopefully you'll find a friend for the next show that piques your interest.

I go to concerts by myself all the time. The wife only likes some of the stuff I like to listen to and my friends either 1) don't like metal, 2) aren't willing to spend money, or 3) are total flakes. Seriously, I have this one friend from work who will say he'll meet me at a show and its 50/50 whether he actually comes. And if he does show up it's often halfway through the 2nd band of the night and then he leaves before the headliner is done - I don't get it.

Although there is a lot of standing around in silence, concerts are a great place to people watch and usually I can find a few people to talk to before the show and between bands. Moral of the story: going to concerts solo really isn't that bad.

yeah, that's pretty much me too. I'm not anti-social or anything but it's gotten to the point that I don't really approach many people to go to shows with me anymore because I'm used to the money issues and the flaking out. The other great thing about going to shows solo is you can do whatever you want. There are certain people I know in the past I've gone with who either A) want to be upfront or REALLY far back or B) get too hung up on trying to meet the band afterwards or with one friend of mine, getting backstage. Going solo, you can go anywhere, stay as long as you want, etc. It's nice.

My point was to encourage people to not use the "alone" excuse to miss out on shows, it's a different experience solo but still fun. But obviously there are other factors (and cost too as someone else brought up). Sorry you missed out on a good show, hopefully you'll find a friend for the next show that piques your interest.

Yeah, I totally understand your view. I've just had a bad history of running into crazy people and being harassed by men, so, I just feel like going solo is inviting trouble.

..that being said, I mostly get harassed by men in the city. XP I'd probably be fine at the show itself, but I'm paranoid now.