Judas Priest - Nostradamus (new song posted)

I find that the song definitely has that very distinct Tipton/Downing sensibility. It has the 'speed' of the Painkiller material, but the songwriting finesse hearkening back to the band's stronger days. It's definitely not as simplistic and narrow-minded as Painkiller, and I find this to be less and less the case with increasing listens.

This track fucking slays guys. I can very much hear the pain killer! My only complaint, and it's always been like this. Priest doesn't play tight enough for my tastes. It's almost too sloppy. But this sounds promising even thought I'm not much of a Priest guy.

Better than I expected actually. I was preparing for this album to be a complete turd. I, as everyone should of course, vastly prefer the 70's sound to the newer painkiller-esque sound, but this isn't to shabby.

Frankly, Nick, your return thus far has not impressed me very much. I would appreciate it if you adopt more of my opinions so we could get along better.

I, as everyone should of course, vastly prefer the 70's sound to the newer painkiller-esque sound, but this isn't to shabby.

Nah. I enjoy a couple songs from their early output, but 90% just strikes me as stale and lifeless.

Their Painkiller-esque material, I find much better.

The 70s stuff is better. Every album they have done in the 70s has been top quality with the exception of Sin After Sin, which is slowly growing on me, but there are way too many slow(er) songs on that album.

I haven't heard Rocka Rolla

EDIT: Actually, I would say that British Steel is the weakest of their 70s material.

The 70s stuff is better. Every album they have done in the 70s has been top quality with the exception of Sin After Sin, which is slowly growing on me, but there are way too many slow(er) songs on that album.

I haven't heard Rocka Rolla

EDIT: Actually, I would say that British Steel is the weakest of their 70s material.

actually you just read my mind British Steel is the weakest especially tracks like United
but nothing is more "brutal" than PainKiller

i like the mellow priest. rocka rolla is pretty great but a bit haphazard. it lacks total focus but has some fun songs.

Well, the new album is almost out and many of ppl have heard it already. I have't listened to it personally yet, but I haven't heard a single good review. Everybody says that it sucks and is disappointed. Unfortunally.
Well, we have to wait and see.