Judas Priest's Painkiller to be recorded by Biomechanical

Existenz

Nov 12, 2004
UK
Biomechanical are to record a cover version of PAINKILLER by Judas
Priest in October. It's to be produced by Chris Tsangarides who worked on the 1990 original with Priest. The recording will happen over three days at Tsangarides' own studio, the Ecology Rooms located on the white cliffs of Dover.
In his extensive career, Chris Tsangarides has worked with some of rock and metal's biggest names, including Thin Lizzy, Black Sabbath, Bruce Dickinson and Yngwie Malmsteen, as well as producing the 'Painkiller' album.

Biomechanical have been playing the song PAINKILLER live as an encore for quite a
while, and it's always been a favourite with their growing audiences. The cover will
be released on a limited edition re-release of their second album, THE EMPIRES OF THE WORLDS This hits the shops on November 13.

John K, a self confessed Priest fan tells of his excitement:
"Painkiller where do I start?! Judas Priest...Two words: Fucking AWESOME!
One of the most influential bands on the planet that have helped to kick
start metal! They've written incredible songs! Painkiller crashed out of my
speakers like a steam train and flattened anything in its path!! When the song was first introduced to the scene it blew everything out of the water, it was an instant classic and sure enough withstood the test of time.
We're really glad to be able to do homage to the original and I still can't believe that we are going to record it with the man who produced
the track in the first place!"

The new version of 'The Empires Of The Worlds' will also include the video
for the title track and the making of that video.

You can catch Biomechanical live at the Damnation Festival on October 15th.
Check www.earache.com for more info

Link to hear a sample of Painkiller by Biomechanical

http://www.myspace.com/biomechanical

Here are some clips

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHM4aSI102s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlFnIUKNNd0

Hell yeah, I just read it at a newssite. Will the recording be available through other means than the re-issue? How much I love Biomechanical, I really hate re-issues. I got my TEOTW signed and all. Still, awesome choice guys! :headbang:

Metal-R-US said:
Hell yeah, I just read it at a newssite. Will the recording be available through other means than the re-issue? How much I love Biomechanical, I really hate re-issues. I got my TEOTW signed and all. Still, awesome choice guys! :headbang:

Yeah I know what you mean about re-issues!
The good thing is we've been told the recording will be available to buy on it's own on http://www.metaltracks.com at a later date:)

My banker hopes Earache don't start behaving the way Roadrunner does... "You bought the record when it came out six months ago ? You're going to buy it again in a month !" /\></\.

I will get the real thing when it's out though. It's not like the Biomechs can afford to live off the CD sales without a day job, so I guess a bit more sales won't hurt them. Or the perspective of a gig in Paris. DAMN YOUSE EARACHE ! DAMN YOUSE ALL TO HELL ! /\o0/\...

That album is so fucking good, I'll ask for seconds at the record store. Oh yes. Just like when macaroni and cheese are on the menu. I'm French, I like cheese, that must be it. Did I tell you I'm just back from the pub and had a pint of that mahoossively strong belgian beer /\@0/\ ? I think it shows. Say "good night Michel", quick, before I collapse.

Lol im not going through all that hassle again for a cd I already have, ill find it somewhere.

HAH I knew they would eventually record it... must have been all that begging I did :kickass:

MetalAges said:
Man I am behind the eight ball and just heard you guys are covering Painkiller, can't WAIT to hear that one!

Yeah me to !
John will be putting on the forum soon a report of the recordings with a few clips (from a camcorder) of Biomechanical recording Painkiller:)

No words can describe Chris Tsangarides!! An absolutely great guy, down to earth that made the band feel @ home as soon as we met him. For me at least it was very weird talking to the guy who produced one of my most favourite albums of all time!!
Seeing the Painkiller golden disc was simply something else. Total traditionalist when it comes to production. Awesome valve amps and compressors and valve desk. Pods were used for decoration and as coffee mats only. :)

I can&#8217;t even get started with the stories we heard from the man himself. And best of all we used the same vocal effect setting that were used on the original Painkiller production :OMG:

All in all an unforgettable experience for the band.

Here are some photos,
ChrisAndBiomech.jpg

JamieHunt.jpg

ChrisWebb.jpg

JonCollins.jpg

DrumKit.jpg

Framus.jpg

MattCandPainkillerGoldenAlbum.jpg

I'm not planning on buying the reissue, but Iwill so buy the individual song, cos it will be killer!

Lol, looks like Chris had fun in studio:
ChrisAndBiomechedited.jpg

Ace cover can't wait to hear the rest :kickass: :worship: :Smokin: :headbang:

BTW John what Keyboards do you use for the orchestral work? and how the hell do you make it sounds so fuckin good.