Over edited or not

• over edited

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • no is standard

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mikaël-ange

Nov 7, 2008
Sorry to post a thread about this but isn't about how edit DI. It's more about; Do you think this DI are over edited or not?

Last night I started to edit this DI but like always this turn into a standard nazi editing session with everything align to the grid. nothing bad but since a couple of week I always edit with heavy zooming (you can see wave of each audio event), but I don't know what think after this.

Question is: over edited or just standard and I'm crazy?:lol:

Here the DI:

DI raw

DI edited

Quad track in 24bit/44khz

I used to do extreme editing, editing every note that got picked, and zooming into micro-seconds. I like it more raw and loose now, but for technical metal, it really is needed to make a really tight mix, unless you can play super tight, then its not needed :) Which I can't...

Thanks for take the time for answer man;)
Generally with tight playing I don't massivelly edit like this (just move some chords/notes) but now I'm paranoid with every micro second imperfection:puke:

I think when you edit DIs you should always be listening with a backing track playing low in volume behind it. When it starts to sound "right," leave it.

I think when you edit DIs you should always be listening with a backing track playing low in volume behind it. When it starts to sound "right," leave it.

Great advice, I tryed this last night and work well;) Thanks a lot...

what greg said. sometimes overediting can also make quadtracked stuff sound phasey

Yes, I already see this in the past:cry:
Need to experiment more for find good balance...

Thanks for replying and advice guys, you rock!!!