Just bought Enemies of reality.

RETIREDTrapped

New Metal Member
Sep 12, 2001
I'm dissapointed, but that's okay.

It's not my cup o' tea, especially WD's vocals... man, what's happened to you in the last few years dude?

Anyway, Just not my sort of record, no harm done, i'll just pull out Politics and In Memory and rock away in the corner.

The production is horrible... Especially the treatment the big fellow on the skins gets, but hey, you get that sometimes, don't you vanman? The drumming is impeccable I must say, it's good to see the off beat cymbal hits make a return to the scene on a few tracks.

ha ha, hey narrot good to see you man... yeah In Memory is great :D

Nah, not really a fan of what jeff did on this one. There is a shitload of just random shredding... which on one hand is pretty cool... and on the other hand just kindof irritates me.

The sitar sound effect on noumeon is pretty cool tho

yepp...the shredding thing is true....i like, especially the shredding on ambivalent!
the first lead thing in EoR is amazing too...but i surely liked his well-structured solos (river dragon, engines, this sac 42147 the learning) better...the riffing is better than the dead heart riffing imo.

yeah, it's a hell of alot better than dead heart...

what do you think of the vocals david of narrot? Something doesn't sound right to me...

the vocals on ambivalent aren't very warrel for sure...i couldnt get into never purify yet. i got problems with the 'look at me...' part...
the titlesong's vocals are fine with me. tomorrow turnes...has some really warrel sounding part (the second 'emotion dies' eg). the refrain of i voyager is pure warrel as well. the rest is ok but not exactly typical.
who decides is vocalwise pretty nevermoresque i think.
noumenon has no real vox at all.
and seed awakening has kinda normal nevermore vocals too.

the best part of the whole disk vocalwise is surely create the infinite....the waves ran as the storm changed...that's coolness...

so all in all i'd say i have no problems with the vocals tho it's still no DNB IM or PoE niveau of course!...

[KOTNO]Narrot said:
the vocals on ambivalent aren't very warrel for sure...i couldnt get into never purify yet. i got problems with the 'look at me...' part...
the titlesong's vocals are fine with me. tomorrow turnes...has some really warrel sounding part (the second 'emotion dies' eg). the refrain of i voyager is pure warrel as well. the rest is ok but not exactly typical.
who decides is vocalwise pretty nevermoresque i think.
noumenon has no real vox at all.
and seed awakening has kinda normal nevermore vocals too.

the best part of the whole disk vocalwise is surely create the infinite....the waves ran as the storm changed...that's coolness...

so all in all i'd say i have no problems with the vocals tho it's still no DNB IM or PoE niveau of course!...

Um...are you retarded!! WD's vocals aren't much different than his previous vocals. He tends to use less melody on Ambivalent...what the hell is wrong with you boy!

they doubled up the vocal parts a lot on eor making wd make little weird harmonies with himself...makes the vocals sound a little different then before

I reckon that they layered his vocals too much. It overpowers the music and I found myself wincing a few times when I first listened to it because his vocals sounded way to over-done. That's just me though.