Just got HM Thunder!

mveneck

Nov 19, 2002
New Jersey USA
Nicely done. What's all the complaining about?
I've already heared 8 of them on the KG bonus disc.
Power and Glory sounded cool. Heavy Metal Thunder went fast.

What "click?" Maybe I have to listen with headsets because I cant hear it just be cranking it in my living room. You guys are too critical.

On to disc 2. First, the live San Antonio. I was at the New Jersey leg of the tour. In a festival situation where the headliner comes in at 1am after 12 bands have played before them, the stage is usually pretty trashed, and the venue is even worse. forget about the drumset. There's not enough time for every band to drag in their drums, so they have one drumset that all of the bands use. Get the band onstage, let them play their set, get them off. Next band. That's what it was like in New Jersey, and Saxon played on a beat up old drumset that the sound system made up for nicely. No wonder Biff says they are skipping the drum solo! My point is that the sound you hear on the San Antonio tracks is similar to what I heared in New Jersey. The main stage in NJ was an auditorium for about 1,000 plus another hundred on the balcony. The auditorium was filled half way back, then scattered open seats toward the rest of the way back. I'm happy that Saxon filled that room so well. Saxon's next night in Wantagh NY was a show for about 50 people and they started at like 6pm! Go figure! And I hear that San Antonio draws a bigger Saxon crowd than anywhere else in the USA. On this CD you can hardly hear the crowd. I'm sure it was larger then the NY and NJ shows combined, but nowhere near what I see on the Wacken mpg. Speaking of which, you are watching a coreographed video to the beat of the studio recording. strictly concert footage. Who's the one who complained about Biff's clothes changes! Get real, man! It's a video, not a recorded performance! Gotta wait for the DVD to see how Biff works up that sweat. that long coat he wears is what he comes out in for the opening number. that's why nobody broke a sweat yet. Who's that poor guy next to the drums with his arms folded? it's an energetic video and that guy seems to be uninterested. Good to see Saxon in Wacken perform in front of a large crowd!.

I may not post much, but I still log in to read the message board every week or so for the past few years! I'm out here. Keep the faith! See you back in USA soon Saxon!