Just got myself a Custom Caparison guitar

Mark_Palangio

On The Fields Of Life
Jul 12, 2005
Greensburg, PA
Just got this thing yesterday, and I haven't put it down yet! Absolutely incredidible, best guitar I've ever played! The only thing that comes close is the other Caparison I've played, one of the discontinued Dellinger TAT's. The neck on this guitar is just perfect, all sanded down and smooth. I'm also loving the EMG85 in the bridge, WAY better than my old EMG81 equipped guitars. So much thicker sounding, real organic, tons of crunch. Anyone who says a bolt on guitar with a Floyd can't do high gain metal doesn't know what they're talking about, this thing sounds heavier than my Gibson Explorer! Here are some pics...

9333057a.jpg

89c80663.jpg

9a097997.jpg

f63b3559.jpg

286777e5.jpg

dcdf1b5f.jpg

67fbd006.jpg

9e9c351f.jpg

Yeah, it's an Horus, you can tell by the 27 frets. :)

James, that picture you have on the Caparison website always makes me jealous! All those Caparisons and the Framus Cobra stack! :headbang:

Nice axe dude. Now you just have to learn how to play!

$1700 for a used Cappy? Wow... You can pull new ones for $1500.

Show me where I can get a new one for $1500 man. They have 1 US dealer, Guitar Asylum. They sell the Dellinger's for $1899, Angelus's are $2300, and Horus's are around $2000 I think.

Is that an SA in the neck? I LOVE the SA for cleans. I'm probably retarded, but I have not heard a better clean delivered by anything other than the EMG SA pickup. (The SA lives in both my middle and neck positions, and will continue to do so forevermore.)

ApolloSpeed, any guitar that's setup properly would be able to handle drop A tuning. Mine is setup in C standard. I plan to get another sometime in the future for B standard tuning as well.

Mark_Palangio said:
Anyone who says a bolt on guitar with a Floyd can't do high gain metal doesn't know what they're talking about, this thing sounds heavier than my Gibson Explorer! Here are some pics...

That's for sure that the one who says that floyd can't do higain metal sounds is for sure someone that can't setup a guitar properly or at least has a crappy licensed floyd and a crappy guitar body.
Floyd rocks!

Maurizio