Just met the greatest guitar player on earth

Armored Thrax

Feb 8, 2002
Orlando, FL
Visit site
As I am suffering through my daily lunch time 5 mile run through downtown Disney in Orlando, I pass a tall long haired guy walking who looks extremely familar despite my eyes being blinded by the profuse sweat pouring into them. I loop around to make another pass and as I slowly run past him I ask....."STEVE VAI????"

He looks a little apprehensive and reserved because of my physical appearance and the fact that I am running through a million fat sunburned tourists, catches him off guard. But despite that he says "yes" and I stop and tell him what a huge fan I am of his and that I love his work. He thanks me and I quickly haul ass so not to ruin his visit to Disney or scare his girlfriend.

Not often you get to meet the very best at something............but I did today. Cool as Hell. Now I am sitting back at my desk wishing I had pursued my dreams a little harder of being a rock star.

I should run more, about 4 years ago as I was running in downtown Orlando and sure as shit, from about two hundred yards away, I recognized ACE FUCKING FREHLEY !!! Got to shake the hand of, not necessarily the best guitarist in the world, but by far, my favorite. Anyone who wrote the solo to Detroit Rock City can't be too bad.

That's awesome!
Have you ever met the greatest Anthrax Vocalist of all time? I've met him a couple times. He's one of the coolest people you could ever meet.
His name: John Bush.

This one time, at band camp-- I mean before the gig in St. Louis Summer '05:

Charlie needed a box of drum sticks that were at the hotel where Frankie, Rob, John and I were. So I picked up this big box of drum sticks to put in my car.
John says, "You got that, man? You're looking kinda frail."
I smiled and said, "Yeah, I got it."
Then, as I'm carrying this big box o' sticks, John walks beside me, slams and pushes down on the box with the palm of his hand.
I didn't drop it!
That's my Bush story.

I hope it was as fun for you to read as it must've been to see when it happened.

Yes. It's fucking beautiful, I know.

Oh, and here's another one.

...Later that night: I went out with the road crew to Larry Flint's in St. Louis. Chinni (the Kick Ass lighting guy) bought me a private dance since it was on my birthday!
Anyways, when I got back to the hotel room, guess what movie John Bush was watching???
Hint: The movie features Sylvester Stalone, and it sucks (that doesn't narrow it down, but guess the movie).

Awesome man.... its pretty cool when you get to meet celebs and shit. I've been pretty blessed with the work I do that I get to meet some really cool people. I managed to meet a lot of sporting personalities like Valentino Rossi, Carlos Checa and Casey Stoner from the MotoGP circuit and also met Christian Klien who drives for Red Bull in the F1 as well the other week at the Aussie F1 GP.

But I have yet to meet my Rock heroes ... now that would be something!

Funny thing is when you meet then - you just don't know what to say and you end up feeling like a complete dick!

aliasp said:
Awesome man.... its pretty cool when you get to meet celebs and shit. I've been pretty blessed with the work I do that I get to meet some really cool people. I managed to meet a lot of sporting personalities like Valentino Rossi, Carlos Checa and Casey Stoner from the MotoGP circuit and also met Christian Klien who drives for Red Bull in the F1 as well the other week at the Aussie F1 GP.

But I have yet to meet my Rock heroes ... now that would be something!

Funny thing is when you meet then - you just don't know what to say and you end up feeling like a complete dick!

I know, as I went running away from Steve, not having anything better to say, I shouted "I love your stuff"....

Now, I'm not sure, but I would bet there were more than a couple of tourists wondering who the gay sweaty running guy was........

Yep I did that with Christian Klien ... I just said ... Hi, good race today for you (was after the Australian race - was at an after party). I then said `good luck with the race' instead of saying good luck with the season.

FUCK ... no wonder he looked at me wierd.

Wow,

All great stories everybody,

In my day, musician wise I've meet:

1-David Wayne(original singer Metal Church), hung out with him a couple of times actually in my Seattle days, very nice guy.

2-Jerry Cantrell(Alice in Chains), three different times I meet him, biggest jerk on the face of the planet.

3-Megadeth(93, Countdown to Extintion tour), meet both Dave's, Nick, and Marty. All were very cool, especially Dave Ellefeson. We talked about playing bass, he was really excited for me since I had just purchased a five string bass.

4-Working at a Burger King drive through I meet both: David Grohl(seemed nice, just served him his food, like I was suppose to do), but on a different occasion Matt Cameron(former SoundGarden drummer now Pearl Jam Drummer) also came through the same drive through and he was very nice. He even remembered my name the 2nd time he came through.

5-Edgar Winter: Also meet him in Seattle, and I didn't even know who he was and he was still cool to me. Very nice guy.

There are a couple of others but I can't really remember all of them at the moment.

AugDawg

My only celebrity meeting was back in May of 03 i met Zakk Wylde :worship:at some local little music store. Now that was an awesome experience. I wanted to say something to him but i was too starstruck and kinda just stared...then he laughed at me because i brought a piece of computer paper to sign instead of a poster or something.

I stood in line to piss once at a restaurant in a hallway next to the kitchen and I swear it was Kelsy Gramer - we just nodded high. I was drinking and had to piss like a race horse.