Just my 2 cents

Turenkarn

New Metal Member
Jul 13, 2010
Hello there!

I'm just a little 'noone' who actually likes metal music, and am thinking there are a few artists here, which metal fans of not only my home country, but all of the world should be aware of...

I'm from Hungary... Our metal bands aren't known anywhere outside of the country, mostly because this genre has many fans in here, but not much good artists... Reason is mostly financial, bands can barely make a living, but i'm not here now to complain about these issues...

What i'm here for is, that this recently seems to change, and there are a few good bands/artists who deserve a wider audience. They're still low-budget bands, so don't expect anything >epic< here, but hey, i'm sure some of you will like it...
Also i'd like to make it clear, that i'm NOT a representative of any of them, just a simple fan, and also i don't know if any of them has ever been mentioned on these forums, because i'm new here and the forum seems to be very huge...

So i stop wasting time here, and start with a band, whom i'd mostly rate as 'folk metal'... They still have some things to learn, but they seem to be on the right path. They sing in hungarian, some like the language, others don't, not much to say about it really...
Their name is Dalriada - formerly known as Echo of Dalriada - and here's a little example of what they do:

(sound quality is below average in this one)

(this video has it's audio stream from studio recording, and video from a gig)

And finally, here's a guy, who has a few own songs and a few covers as well. What's special about him is, that he's doing it totally alone, except for the drums which he makes with computer i think. He can play any kind of guitar, keyboards, and also sings well. He runs by the name Leander.
In the following clip, he ashames "our so belowed" Lady Gaga, by making a better one of her most famous track:

Please note that i'm not a great fan of death metal, black metal and that kind of harcore stuff, but if you are, you might want to do a search for 'Thy Catafalque', 'Sear Bliss', and 'Watch My Dying'... They're hungarian bands as well...

Also, please note, that this list is not made with any wish or will for perfection or completeness. It's sole purpose is just to give you a taste about this part of the world.

I know i've only linked a few youtube videos, but that should be enough for you to decide if you like any of them or not. Searching for more is easy! :)

Hereby, i'd like to thank you for reading my post, and want to ask your excuse for my imperfect english. I hope you've found something enjoyable here :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, you had me expecting really atrocious bedroom black metal, but aside from the goofiness of the video that first Dalriada song was honestly quite good (and the production was fine). Wisdom were solid but bland power metal, more than a few riffs short of Hammerfall and Tad Morose but not bad at all. The last video was amusing.
Thanks for sharing. Didn't really know shit about Hungarian metal aside from having heard a few atrocious black metal bands from Hungary.