2 Requests

NinjaGeek

Feb 22, 2007
1) A band that uses really deep, clean, male vocals. Other types of vocals are okay as long as the deep clean vocals are used on a regular basis.

2) A band that makes good use of the bass guitar. I'm mostly looking for bands that have it mixed in well so that you can easily hear it above the guitars and drums, but any other cool use of bass like lots of bass solos is an added plus. Also no need to point out Necromantia.

I'd prefer it if you recommend specific albums and please no bands that only have 1 or 2 songs fitting what I'm looking for.

Sabaton

Albums: Primo Victoria and Attero Dominatus

They don't necessarily have prominent bass guitar; but they have a very bassy sound. They're a little heavy on the synths though.

http://www.myspace.com/sabaton

New tracks from the new album Art of War are now up. Fuck man, these guys can ROCK!

1) A band that uses really deep, clean, male vocals. Other types of vocals are okay as long as the deep clean vocals are used on a regular basis.

2) A band that makes good use of the bass guitar. I'm mostly looking for bands that have it mixed in well so that you can easily hear it above the guitars and drums, but any other cool use of bass like lots of bass solos is an added plus. Also no need to point out Necromantia.

I'd prefer it if you recommend specific albums and please no bands that only have 1 or 2 songs fitting what I'm looking for.

Type O Negative

I'd agree with Moonspell and Type O Negative, as well as other gothic influenced metal bands.

Maybe try Moonspell's "Darkness and Hope" album.

Sabaton

Albums: Primo Victoria and Attero Dominatus

They don't necessarily have prominent bass guitar; but they have a very bassy sound. They're a little heavy on the synths though.

http://www.myspace.com/sabaton

New tracks from the new album Art of War are now up. Fuck man, these guys can ROCK!
Agree on Sabaton. Absolutely brilliant stuff. Also check out Order of Nine for deeeep clean male vocals. As the singer is about 6'8" and weighs about 350 pounds (well maybe not quite), he tend to get rather deep.