Just ordered an iPhone 4s

PhilTheBeard

"The Beard"
Jun 23, 2009
Cape Coral, Florida
www.facebook.com
Hope I dig it. Coming off of using nothing but android phones for the past 3-4 years. So I am hoping ill be happy with this phone. Figured I would give the iPhone a shot since I have always wanted one but always went with either a Blackberry or Android phone instead.

Good choice :)

Yeah, every time I've compared the iPhone 4S to the Samsung SII (not to start any flame wars, but this seems to be the direct competitor), it just seems a lot more fluid. The only thing stopping me from getting one is that I think I spend enough time on the internet as it is, and the iPhone 4 was terrible as an actual phone.. I could barely understand anyone who used one. Sticking with my 7 year old Nokia for now :)

iPhones have everything I could ever need in one single device: a phone, a music player, a web-browser on 3G and useful applications/games to kill some time.

Very good choice ;) Hope you enjoy it (I'm still on an old 3GS :( )

Hopefully you'll love it. I've been super happy with mine. The only issue I've had is the battery doesn't seem to fully charge correctly. Like I'll leave it in all night, and it will get to 92%, then I'll have to unplug and replug the power back in to get it to charge fully. Strange. I'm about to call att&t or apple to see about it.

Other than that, it's fast, useful and amazing.

I got a 4s a few weeks ago after using a dino-phone since 2004. I hate macs. Their operating system is ass-backwards to me, literally, and the PCs that I have built have always outperformed equivalent macs. plus they are expensive as balls.

but god damn, can they make a phone. the thing is ridiculous. using it just feels good, haha.

[UEAK]Clowd;10101777 said:
I got a 4s a few weeks ago after using a dino-phone since 2004. I hate macs. Their operating system is ass-backwards to me, literally, and the PCs that I have built have always outperformed equivalent macs. plus they are expensive as balls.

but god damn, can they make a phone. the thing is ridiculous. using it just feels good, haha.

I feel the same exact way about their computers as you do. but glad everyone is loving this phone :) makes me feel better about buying one.

I feel the same exact way about their computers as you do. but glad everyone is loving this phone :) makes me feel better about buying one.

you'll love it. I used a droid for a few days before the iPhone came in and it was like night and day. and I REALLY wanted to like the droid over the iPhone haha

I have a HTC Desire Z and having used an iphone 4 I can't see any advantages. Most of the people I know with iPhones have cracked screens too. I have all the apps I need, internet is good and it's not slow.

hope you like it!

been using iphone 4 for around 13 months now and it still feels sort of a new. probably because i still can't figure out what more i could possibly want from a phone. guess you can always make the overall feel better with faster processors etc. but still.

I have a HTC Desire Z and having used an iphone 4 I can't see any advantages. Most of the people I know with iPhones have cracked screens too. I have all the apps I need, internet is good and it's not slow.

Being an adult and not dropping expensive shit usually helps with the cracked screen issue. Seriously, how hard is it to not drop a fucking phone? Personally I have never dropped any cell phone I have owned, very little conscious effort involved, IMO.

Trying to imply your HTC's screen couldn't possibly crack if dropped the right way? :lol:

You won't regret it. Been on Blackberries the last few years with all my friends harassing me about getting an iphone. I always figured my tasks were somewhat covered by the phone I had (wrong). I've always been a PC guy and doubt I'd ever go to Mac for a computer platform, but I definitely see what my friends were talking about with the iphone. It's just fun, fluid, and fresh. You can do whatever you want, when you want, and it's usually just a swipe and a tap away. Just be wary. The first two weeks, or the honeymoon period, took me by storm and I got completely enveloped like a new toy. Joy ensued, productivity plummeted.

Being an adult and not dropping expensive shit usually helps with the cracked screen issue. Seriously, how hard is it to not drop a fucking phone? Personally I have never dropped any cell phone I have owned, very little conscious effort involved, IMO.

Trying to imply your HTC's screen couldn't possibly crack if dropped the right way? :lol:

Accidents can/do happen though. But I'm with you. My iPhone 4 is in pristine condition after a year of constant use.

As someone who sees broken iPhones every day at work, I would say the majority of the time damage is from mis-treatment not the product sucking.

Good choice! Mine will be here in a week. Decided to buy it since my phone is pretty much dead now and my iTouch 2g is not capable of running new games, which is a big deal to me because I play them every day on my way to studio.

And I thinking of getting one of those, because wood>plastic

il_fullxfull.294452073.jpg

w-007-1.jpg

Still... Having used both, why is the iPhone supposed to be miles better than an Android?

Goddamnit, I'm probably going to get one of these for Christmas. My general sense of direction and geography is total shit and the ability to look up directions and info on the fly is sorely needed.

One question to you, or anyone else who's got it. My friend was using the Google Maps app on his Android and it gave voice-guided GPS directions. I'm trying on my Ipod 3GS and while it gives directions, it doesn't read them out loud. Is this the case on 4S too (or is there some option I'm missing?)?