Fucking fuck I fucked my Iphone

Öwen;9076064 said:
I jailbroke my ipod touch today, 2nd most pointless thing I've done all day, after waking up this morning.

how is it pointless? you can customize everything after its been jailbroken

A 3g. I don't think I want to sell it, I love it too much and only wish someone would come up with an unlock for it soon, and I don't have the cash to get a 3Gs right now. Why, you wanna buy it? I'm in Europe, and you couldn't unlock it so I don't think it would work for you at all

Mine is pretty busted up, I wasn't sure if they were international or not but I'm locked on AT&T

I was just wondering . . .

Why is it OK to talk about hacking/cracking Iphone software but not audio software? I'm not trying to start shit, nor do I truly give a shit what you do to your iPhone. Just curious.

Why is the iPhone soft OK to hack but not audio soft in your eyes?

Not targeted at anyone. Just a general question.
this is not a forum for how to become an iPhone professional, nor does anyone here make their living using the iPhone.... sounds like you're missing the larger point that it's unethical to try to make your living or train to make your living while cheating the makers of the tools you rely on to do your job out of the funds they need to continue to offer good products and services... that's much, MUCH larger issue than the legalities.

having said that, i personally do not jailbreak my phone.. more than happy with the legit functionality... or rather to say, i'm too busy earning my living to worry about taking extra time with crap like that when there's enough legit apps for it to suck up all my "gadget" time.

EDIT: for 100% clarity, since clearly some people don't understand that the above post was a reply to the quoted text from Socialnumb, and that it was an answer to his question, and that it can only be made sense of in context of reading the quoted text FIRST:

i DO NOT CARE about hacking iPhones... nor should anyone else here... it's immaterial to the purpose of this forum... that is WHY, as Socialnumb asked, no one complains about it like they do when someone brings up pirating/cracking professional music software. IF this were a forum of Apple employees/developers, then i'm sure iphone jailbreaking would be a taboo subject.. it isn't, so no one cares. we ARE a forum of audio professionals and aspiring audio professionals... so yes, discussing the piracy of the software we use, or want to use, to EARN MONEY, is taboo... as it SHOULD be.

THAT was my answer to Socialnumb's question, and the ONLY purpose of my post. re-reading his original question it seems there may also be an issue of confusion regarding the differences between "hacking" and "pirating", but his question was still clear enough; why one, and not the other? i think i answered that clearly.

the end

sounds like you're missing the larger point that it's unethical to try to make your living or train to make your living while cheating the makers of the tools you rely on to do your job out of the funds they need to contintue to offer good products and servces...

That is absolute shit.

Apple charge developers 99$/year and reject hundreds/thousands legitimate (Not fart app) developments for no real reason. THAT is cheating the makers of the tools you rely on do do their job out of the funds they need to continue to offer good products and services.

As I and someone else in this thread have stated... Apple has stolen nearly every notable innovation from the Jailbreak community and passed it off as their own new feature 2 years too late. That is also cheating the makers of the tools you rely on do do their job out of the funds they need to continue to offer good products and services.

The iPhone is great hardware but a pisspoor OS and when I pay a certain sum of money to a company, I choose what I do with it. I'm not pirating anyone's work, and I buy apps from the appstore fairly regularly... but also from Rock/Cydia stores because I buy based on quality, not what some jumped up self important prick tells me I'm allowed to have on my own phone.

The iPhone (hardware and design) offers so many great potentials sadly crippled by an upstream dicatorship that treats it's users as if they are stupid. So you can say "Use another product" or "people should just develop for other platforms" but that is also shit. The iPhone has an unbelievable depth of potential that without a community effort, and frankly, the only people taking advantage of it are the Jailbreak developer community since Apple doesn't allow anyone else to think/decide for themselves if you follow the official channels, would forever remain untapped.

Stick to music James.

That is absolute shit.

Apple charge developers 99$/year and reject hundreds/thousands legitimate (Not fart app) developments for no real reason. THAT is cheating the makers of the tools you rely on do do their job out of the funds they need to continue to offer good products and services.

As I and someone else in this thread have stated... Apple has stolen nearly every notable innovation from the Jailbreak community and passed it off as their own new feature 2 years too late. That is also cheating the makers of the tools you rely on do do their job out of the funds they need to continue to offer good products and services.

The iPhone is great hardware but a pisspoor OS and when I pay a certain sum of money to a company, I choose what I do with it. I'm not pirating anyone's work, and I buy apps from the appstore fairly regularly... but also from Rock/Cydia stores because I buy based on quality, not what some jumped up self important prick tells me I'm allowed to have on my own phone.

The iPhone (hardware and design) offers so many great potentials sadly crippled by an upstream dicatorship that treats it's users as if they are stupid. So you can say "Use another product" or "people should just develop for other platforms" but that is also shit. The iPhone has an unbelievable depth of potential that without a community effort, and frankly, the only people taking advantage of it are the Jailbreak developer community since Apple doesn't allow anyone else to think/decide for themselves if you follow the official channels, would forever remain untapped.

Stick to music James.
are you fucking retarded Gavin?

i was clearly as FUCK saying that i didn't care about iphone hacking, and that i don't consider it a vailid issue as per SocialNumb's post where he asked why no one was complaining as we do when people talk about pirating music software. IOW, hack away... it's immaterial to me, and to this forum... NO ONE CARES, because none of us are iPhone "professionals" ... we don't make a llving from iPhones so pirate the fuck out of it... we don't care, and that was my answer to Socialnumb. making your reply bass-ackwards, stupid, and right out of order.

or perhaps reading isn't your strong suit?

Stick to eating Haggis Gavin.*

*see? i can be demeaning and back-handed too.

Not on my thread guys. Please don't.

Sorry man. Touchy subject for me since I really (REALLY) resent someone not letting me choose what I put on the device that his company seriously overcharged me for and as such, treating me like an idiot.

I'll leave this alone.

no need for that?

and seriously, do we need another apple vs the world argument? they always end the same way here.
methinks you need to re-read my post as well.

and there was no need for him to say i should "stick to music".. which is exactly the reason that i put a similar "closer" on my post... to be ridiculous and thus, hopefully, point out the ridiculousness of him doing it.

Sorry man. Touchy subject for me since I really (REALLY) resent someone not letting me choose what I put on the device that his company seriously overcharged me for and as such, treating me like an idiot.

I'll leave this alone.
no no Gavin.. you've got some more reading to do.

I just suck at cutting through extreme layers of Apple fanboyism to get to the core point, that's all.
really? because you were the one going on about the iPhone's potential and depth, blah blah blah... i was the one saying i didn't have time for all that.... so, remind me again... who's the "fanboi"?

Edit. Fuck it, not worth it.
not worth it because you realized you were the one that had actually made the "fanboy"-type quotes in this thread, or because you FINALLY realized that i had actually agreed with you, and that your entire attack on me was ridiculous?

James don't even try it man, re read my post as you obviously don't "get it" emphasis on the "IT"