iPhone 5

for sure.

just checking out ios6.

it annoys me that iphone 4 doesnt get siri or flyover or turn by turn navigation -.-

i do like how easy it is to post to fb now though

i like what they did with the store, but other than that, as an iphone 4 user i'm not seeing all that much of a difference honestly. some nice little improvements and fixes here and there. i experienced some lag with the music player, which by the way looks good but a little unfinished, at least the simple black background towards the bottom behind the volume slider makes me think that.

i'm a little disappointed as someone told me that Siri would come to iphone 4 as well, but i now came to notice that this isn't true. it's part of Apple trying to sell the newer phones, i get that, but i hear Siri and probably most of the new features could work on a jailbroken iphone, which kinda gets to me. as my model will soon be two generations behind anyway, i will consider jailbreaking my phone as the version 5 comes out and the ios 6 becomes jailbreakable.

you can't use siri with a jailbreak because it requires an external server to function and an activation token from a legit 4S

Dont actually have the net ATM, how do you like Plans ? I read it has big big problems, like cities not even in a correct position, and satellite pictures missing. Seems like flyover is not as nice as google streetview (or say not as practical) but Tomtom which owns the cartography company apple bough the maps to is working on a streetview competitor. I think it will need one or two years to get to google's level ? Anyway google map app should be available soon unless Apple plays nasty

for sure.

just checking out ios6.

it annoys me that iphone 4 doesnt get siri or flyover or turn by turn navigation -.-

i do like how easy it is to post to fb now though

Can't install it ATM but the latest OSX update integrates Facebook and twitter it seems. Not sure I will use that but it's interesting to note how merging MacOs and iOs are over the months

what's up with all the heat it's getting from the new apple maps?

ps - as much as i love apple, i love google also and i think that their map was the best thing ever i'm super pissed at apple for being such douches and trying to develop their own map out of spite. the google map was perfect and there's no reason to try to replace it all the press and feedback is negative from the map and i have to say i saw it coming. i might be getting the phone today so i hope it works as i use google maps a ton on my bb currently.

google maps fucking sucks.... (on iphone)

and the new maps actually loads when it's meant to... and looks cooler...

good riddance.

20120921_143150_zps9c908006.jpg

Birthday present for my mom :D I have to say I'm floored by how much lighter it is than the 4(S), which I always found to be very much in need of a diet

^ out of curiosity.. how's the phone linked to the SIM? or is it just your provider? I'm only familiar with "buy a new phone, take the SIM out of your old phone, put it in your new one, done". or did also get a new SIM with the phone?

^ out of curiosity.. how's the phone linked to the SIM? or is it just your provider? I'm only familiar with "buy a new phone, take the SIM out of your old phone, put it in your new one, done". or did also get a new SIM with the phone?

iPhone 5 uses a nanosim card, which is new shit.

well, not really new technology in the true sense of the word. they've just taken out all the extra plastic from around the SIM chip to make it the smallest it can be, which means you can't use your micro sims anymore.

iPhone 5 uses a nanosim card, which is new shit.

well, not really new technology in the true sense of the word. they've just taken out all the extra plastic from around the SIM chip to make it the smallest it can be, which means you can't use your micro sims anymore.

and are there any advantages?