iPhone 5

and are there any advantages?

only that the chip's getting smaller, like every other part inside the iphone.

Nano-SIM-1.jpg

as you can see there, they're simply cutting down on the excess plastic on the sides that isn't even part of the actual chip, the tech itself is still the same.

i guess the sims could have always been that size, but never needed to until now.

Got it, loving it so far. AT&T hasn't activated my new SIM yet, though... new headphones actually sound quite good, go figure!

Of this entire announcement, the earphones are the only thing that have piqued my curiosity. I kinda want to try them before shelling out $40 for them :/ As someone who has the normal Apple earphones constantly falling out of his ears, are these any better?

got it friday and been using it. a few annoying things mainly related to apple stupidity.

the navigation on the new maps is great but the maps in my opinion is still inferior to google and full of bugs. the traffic feature is practically useless. i know some of you knock google maps for iphone so i can't comment since i have only used ios google maps on my ipad and it is the best thing ever. for this reason, not upgrading to ios6 on my ipad3.

the gmail lack of push thing is kind of annoying since i'm used to bb email which is still better by a longshot. i did the ms exchange trick for gmail and it now pushes but it's kind of crazy to even go through it.

also, does anyone know how to natively integrate ms outlook calendar. i get invites from people using outlook to a private domain server (ie not gmail or yahoo etc.) and i'm used to it automatically updating my bb calendar without me having to "accept" each invitation. anyone know if there is way to do the same thing?

ps - the new earbuds are AWESOME. they aren't as good as the skullcandies i bike and workout at gym with or listen at home but they are MUCH better than the old ones. they are more comfortable and produce less ear fatigue than in-ear buds. they don't really reduce external noise so it's not good but for like day to day listening i might use them more.

Afaik it's literally the exact same camera as the 4S. That said, I've got a 4S and yes, it's a great camera.

Yes and no they improved it on different levels than just the numbers. The lense, the DSP treatment etc have improved but overall it has the same specs and res yes.

So I preordered it the 14th, and should receive it in october. So 2 weeks after everyone. Last time I pre-order, ever. I don't really care because I will not go home before that, but that's annoying by principle.