Just pulled the trigger on a new Mac Pro...

Shredfiend

Sep 2, 2004
should be here on friday. 8 core, 2.8 GHz.

I'm going to be saving up for the next month to get Logic, an interface and a flat screen monitor. Probably fart around in garageband for a few weeks while I'm wainting.

Should be a nice step up from my VS2480...(acually keeping the VS for some on location stuff).

I forked out for a Mac Pro last summer, dual quad 2.8 as well...it was over $3,000 with extra RAM and hard drive additions, and I have absolutely no regrets. I can have a very plug-in heavy mix running, and my mastering chain running, and the thing doesn't get above about 20% CPU usage. It is a BEAST. You are going to love it.

I forked out for a Mac Pro last summer, dual quad 2.8 as well...it was over $3,000 with extra RAM and hard drive additions, and I have absolutely no regrets. I can have a very plug-in heavy mix running, and my mastering chain running, and the thing doesn't get above about 20% CPU usage. It is a BEAST. You are going to love it.

Sweet, what other software and hardware are you using with the Mac.....I'm going with Logic I believe....gonna have to wait a few weeks and build up some cash.