Just saw the Detroit show

BastrdDrmr

Jul 29, 2002
Green Oak, michigan
Visit site
Hypocrisy was good... only recognized like 1 song though.

CoB owned all. But their set was WAY too short... only 6 songs. The crowd was REALLY into them. Alexi said he couldn't believe that fans in the US were into them. Janne's keyboard fell off its stand at one point and crashed onto the crowd, but he didn't really seem to mind. He was taking his sweet time fixing his stand up and placing the keyboard back on it, but whatever, hehe. As Bodom went off, EVERYONE was chanting BODOM BODOM BODOM BODOM over and over. It ruled, but still... way too short.

Setlist: (in order)
Needled 24/7
Hate Me
Chokehold
Silent Night Bodom Night
Beach Bodom Terror
Downfall

Nevermore sucked. Enough said... look at my review on the Nevermore forum is you're interested.

Dimmu ruled. Their drummer is insane. Lots of stage lights and smoke all over the place.

Setlist: (partially in order)
Lepers Among Us
In Death's Embrace
Catacylsm Children
Kings of the Carnival Creation
Vredesbyrd
Unorthodox Manifesto
Progenies of the Great Apocalypse
Indoctrination
:: at this point there were a few old Dimmu songs I didn't know ::
Dreamside Dominions (I think)
Mourning Palace (closer)

the polish bastard said:
This isnt Bodoms first gig in the usa, they played the milwake metal fest in july 2000.
They also played a showcase gig in March 2003 in Texas.

glad to know you had a kick ass time. But just 6songs? Thats just too short. :( But atleast they played!!! You have any pics of the show?

H4des said:
They didn't play Lake Bodom? :(
I think they have played that one on every show so far..
No, they already didn't play it in Tuska and Summer Breeze 2003. But it was the first time that they didn't play Towards Dead End since it was in their set in the middle of 1998.

Only 1 song from Follow The Reaper... And I wonder why they didn't play their favourite songs from Hate Crew Deathroll like Sixpounder and the title track.

BastrdDrmr said:
Nevermore sucked. Enough said... look at my review on the Nevermore forum is you're interested.
When I saw Nevermore on the 25 of September this year, they kicked major ass... and I'm not even a real fan of theirs..

Zarok666 said:
Hell yeah, you're right!

6 songs doesn't seem right. I wonder if that Keyboard situation was a factor. Do you think they cut it 1 or 2 songs short? Were they the 2nd band on stage after Hypocrisy?

What??? We're talking about something completely different. COB only have 30 minutes playing time in the US and so they can't play more than 6 songs. And yeah, they played after Hypo and before Nevermore.